Solemn high mass (EF) tonight Jan. 24!

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Father Kevin Cusick will celebrate a Solemn High Mass in the Extraordinary Form in honor of his parish's patronal saint (St. Francis de Sales) in Benedict tonight at 7:00pm. Mass will be chanted and include a deacon and sub deacon. Just an FYI for you old school Catholics, not so old school Catholics, or curious gawkers. I'll be there.

libby

Father Kevin Cusick will celebrate a Solemn High Mass in the Extraordinary Form in honor of his parish's patronal saint (St. Francis de Sales) in Benedict tonight at 7:00pm. Mass will be chanted and include a deacon and sub deacon. Just an FYI for you old school Catholics, not so old school Catholics, or curious gawkers. I'll be there.[/QUOTE

If it were closer to me, I would go!

onel0126

Bead mumbler
"Chanted"? :jameo:

:high5: :howdy:

Your childish attempt at humor is soooooo telling. My choices last night were to either attend a solemn high Mass (the way mass was celebrated for well over a thousand years) or tune into some douche in his basement on a HAM radio (with a lot less than 2000 years of tradition). See douche below.

Attachments

• Phil%20WA3MNS.jpg
    Phil%20WA3MNS.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Your childish attempt at humor is soooooo telling. My choices last night were to either attend a solemn high Mass (the way mass was celebrated for well over a thousand years) or tune into some douche in his basement on a HAM radio (with a lot less than 2000 years of tradition). See douche below.
Did the person in that picture give you permission to post his picture here?

Did you confess that slander to your "priest"?

Now, as for your intoxicating (high) mass, I can assure you that MUCH more truth and helpful information was disseminated on the radio LAST NIGHT than there has been in those masses since their inception. Most of those chanting seances that you all attend don't have much value to the masses (pun intended). Mostly for the $$ benefit of the masseurs...:evil:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
No collection plate was passed. I understood everything that was chanted. God forbid us Americans learn other languages. Yes Vatican 2 both protestantized the Mass and dumbed it down by changing it to the vernacular. As far confessing my slander, it's only slander if it's not true.

libby

Did the person in that picture give you permission to post his picture here?

Did you confess that slander to your "priest"?

Now, as for your intoxicating (high) mass, I can assure you that MUCH more truth and helpful information was disseminated on the radio LAST NIGHT than there has been in those masses since their inception. Most of those chanting seances that you all attend don't have much value to the masses (pun intended). Mostly for the $$ benefit of the masseurs...:evil:

You clearly know nothing of the Mass, as so much of it comes straight from Holy Scriptures. How dare you mock what we hold sacred, even if you don't agree.
That said, I think for one to post that picture of you and use such a derogatory name toward you was grossly inappropriate, too. And, while I didn't have the time earlier today to call him on it, I have defended you in the past and don't let such things slide because of my theological agreement with him.
You, however, repeatedly use the most insulting plays you can come up with, and it's positively ugly.

You all have to get a grip and quit acting like D.C. politicians mis-representing and lying about one another, calling names and sinking to such lows.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Should I have called him that name? Nope. I never have before. My post was to inform Catholics of an opportunity to attend an EF Mass. He shouldn't have commented at all. Instead he used it as an opportunity to make hateful and ignorant comments. What else is new....he is bitter, it comes across loud and clear. The light is always on SM for you to come home since you exude bitterness toward the Church.

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
You clearly know nothing of the Mass, as so much of it comes straight from Holy Scriptures. How dare you mock what we hold sacred, even if you don't agree.
Ahhh Libby my dear; I know it better than most Catholics. And "Straight from Scripture"? Those repetitive old sacrifices have been lonnnnggg gone. Why live in the past...especially when it's been replaced?

I'll quote a wise man for you: "As far confessing my slander, it's only slander if it's not true." There; ok? :howdy:
libby said:
That said, I think for one to post that picture of you and use such a derogatory name toward you was grossly inappropriate, too. And, while I didn't have the time earlier today to call him on it, I have defended you in the past and don't let such things slide because of my theological agreement with him. You, however, repeatedly use the most insulting plays you can come up with, and it's positively ugly.
Y'all really need to lighten up and have a little fun...:party: Btw; Bring Onel to RR this Sunday. He knows where it is, don't you Columbo?

libby

Should I have called him that name? Nope. I never have before. My post was to inform Catholics of an opportunity to attend an EF Mass. He shouldn't have commented at all. Instead he used it as an opportunity to make hateful and ignorant comments. What else is new....he is bitter, it comes across loud and clear. The light is always on SM for you to come home since you exude bitterness toward the Church.

I am confident that that was your intent in the beginning, but call him out on what he did, don't call him such names.
His lack of charity and his incessantly degrading comments are obvious to everyone here, and they will be the reason people don't believe in his brand of Christianity.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Y'all really need to lighten up and have a little fun...:party: Btw; Bring Onel to RR this Sunday. He knows where it is, don't you Columbo?

Know exactly where it is. I truly believe you fancy yourself a prophet. Your sitting around a bottomless fry restaurant preaching to the locals doesn't make you Christ schooling his elders in the temple.

Your ministry is a result of your anger and your inability to fit in with others. You have admitted this--problems with the Catholic church, followed by trouble with your protestant pastor resulting in you in your basement behind a microphone and Red Robin. Your spirituality is not the result of some great epiphany. It is the result of bitterness and anger. You are not fooling anyone...

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Couple of observations about this particular Mass. I am a post V2 Catholic so I did not grow up attending Mass in the EF. I have however attended Masses celebrated in this form before.

One overwhelming observation was the reverence showed by the attendees. A lot of veils--even worn by women that were clearly post V2 Catholics. No chit-chatting in the pews before Mass, no one texting. Most were praying or reading the Missal. Far cry from pre Mass at my Parish on Sunday. Secondly--youth!! I have read that a lot of young (college age+) have embraced this Mass and it was evident by their presence there Tuesday night. Thirdly--the new translation in the OF Mass certainly does return to the better translation held by the EF Mass--a good thing. While the Solemn High Mass in the EF is not celebrated every Sunday at St. Francis de Sales in Benedict, Father Kevin does celebrate a low EF Mass every Sunday at 11.

Bavarian

I am happy that the TLM is back at St. Francis de Sales! Try to get there when I can during the year. Our Lady's, Medleys Neck had the TLM mass offered Sundays at 7AM. But the priest was transfered in the regular rotation.

I pray that the TLM will be restored in every Church, along with the banishment of Communion in the Hand, Extaordinary Ministers of Communion, Altar Girls, etc. We now have a protestanized Anglican Mass, written by a Mason. This is not what the Fathers at the Vatican II Ecumenical Council wanted.

Long live Pope Benedict XVII!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Oh lighten up and have a little fun. :rolleyes:
Know exactly where it is. I truly believe you fancy yourself a prophet. Your sitting around a bottomless fry restaurant preaching to the locals doesn't make you Christ schooling his elders in the temple. Your ministry is a result of your anger and your inability to fit in with others. You have admitted this--problems with the Catholic church, followed by trouble with your protestant pastor resulting in you in your basement behind a microphone and Red Robin. Your spirituality is not the result of some great epiphany. It is the result of bitterness and anger. You are not fooling anyone...
Ooohhh, the confessionals will be full this weekend...

:killingme :killingme Me? A prophet? Hardly. Onel, you wouldn't know ministry if it shook your hand. Your beliefs are waayyy out there. Chant well dude; It seems to be working...:shrug: