Soliciting any farmer's input here ...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Farmers, (non-farmer opinions welcome as well), what would you do if you spent a ton of money for seed, fuel, tractor maintenance, etc., sowed your fields and hoping for a good crop come harvest, only to be told you can't water your fields, months after you planted all those seeds? Knowing that your crops will absolutely fail without water. What recourse do you have? Could this be an actual violation of the takings clause?

It now appears that our masters are smashing the potatoes crops in Idaho by denying water use for over half a million acres, 500,000+ acres, of farmland.

Best to stock up on instant potatoes before their price starts to skyrocket.

TPD

the poor dad
For your consideration ...

Farmers, (non-farmer opinions welcome as well), what would you do if you spent a ton of money for seed, fuel, tractor maintenance, etc., sowed your fields and hoping for a good crop come harvest, only to be told you can't water your fields, months after you planted all those seeds? Knowing that your crops will absolutely fail without water. What recourse do you have? Could this be an actual violation of the takings clause?

It now appears that our masters are smashing the potatoes crops in Idaho by denying water use for over half a million acres, 500,000+ acres, of farmland.

I watched that video last night - UFB! I think after investing $4000/acre to put the crop in the ground, I would probably take my chances with the government and the judicial system and say screw it - I'm using the water that I have rights too! Come after me and take me to court and lets see what the judge thinks. You know - similar to the unlawful mask mandate "laws"....

But we as farmers are somewhat to blame for things like this when we take that welfare money. I have tried for the last 10 years to stay away from the government farm subsidies. It is difficult because if you want to stay competitive with your fellow farmers, you almost have to take the government cheese. So as a result, you have to abide by the government rules. They got us by the gonads! So if things don't work out in Idaho, the federal government will step in to bail out the farmers that the state government screwed over. Unfortunately that only means expenses paid back, no profit this year. But farmers still have a strong voice in government so I think common sense will prevail in this. We shall see....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:sniff: No more 5 Guys Fries.... most of their potatoes come from Idaho.

As part of my "almost a prepper" stockpile, I keep a supply of these. More useful than instant. Just re-hydrate with warm water.
hashbrowns.png