Solomon’s island phone

GregV814

While taking a slow drive through the island this afternoon I made an observation. The summer like weather, calm waterways, were no match for what???? Well, iPhones. Couples, groups, lone strollers all burying faces in phones.... all the scenery, boats, storefronts, nah. Cell phone screens.

MiddleGround

While taking a slow drive through the island this afternoon I made an observation. The summer like weather, calm waterways, were no match for what???? Well, iPhones. Couples, groups, lone strollers all burying faces in phones.... all the scenery, boats, storefronts, nah. Cell phone screens.

Welcome to the 21st century :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I barely remember to take my phone with me, and even then it's only in case my car breaks down or some such. Sometimes I'll see something worth taking a pic of and posting it on my FB. But Monello and I don't sit on the phones when we're out somewhere, even if it's just us. We (gasp) converse with each other. If we're having fun and someone calls, they can leave a message.

TPD

the poor dad
I may take one picture to remember the moment but usually wait till the evening when in my easy chair to do anything with the pic - post, text, email, edit, delete, etc. Otherwise my phone stays in my pocket. There is too much to see and eavesdrop on in this big beautiful world - I am a people watcher and listener!

TPD

the poor dad

tuffenuff2

Today was a PokemonGo community day from 11-2. It was such a beautiful day and a beautiful location that lots of players were there today.

Reactions: Erk
Old News. I was actually looking for a thread I started a long time ago, about how when walking around Solomons at night, all you could see was the glow of cell phones. This was years and years ago.

mitzi

I may take one picture to remember the moment but usually wait till the evening when in my easy chair to do anything with the pic - post, text, email, edit, delete, etc. Otherwise my phone stays in my pocket. There is too much to see and eavesdrop on in this big beautiful world - I am a people watcher and listener!

I do the same. Mine stays in my purse. Occasionally if I spot a pretty scene if there's nobody riding my rear end I'll pull over and get a picture. I wait until I'm home until I do whatever I want to do with them. I got some of a beautiful tobacco field a few years ago.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Just finished dinner and a board game with youngest son and his family. SO MUCH FUN!!!

Now my grandson is insisting he needs Settlers of Catan at his house. I sure can't deny that request.

GregV814

:worthless: Post some pictures so I can see the lovely boats, water and people while looking at my phone.

Well, bless your heart, if I took pictures, (for your pleasure, ) wouldn’t my statement be hypocritical? No, honey, I looked at boats, the storefronts, was making sure the nose buried folks not watching for cars didn’t stumble out in front of my car zombie-like...

1stGenSMIB

Old News. I was actually looking for a thread I started a long time ago, about how when walking around Solomons at night, all you could see was the glow of cell phones. This was years and years ago.
The biggest problem is the glow in the car. Everyone carries them around like a slice of pizza while driving. I have a 2nd level deck and see it all the time as they drive by.