Solution to U.S. campus shootings: More guns......

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Lawmaker's solution to U.S. campus shootings: More guns

"PHOENIX, Arizona: Horrified by recent campus shootings, an Arizona lawmaker has come up with a proposal in keeping with the Taurus .22-caliber pistol tucked in her purse: Get more guns on campus.

The lawmaker, State Senator Karen Johnson, has sponsored a bill, which the Arizona Senate Judiciary Committee approved last week, that would allow people with a concealed-weapons permit - limited to those 21 and older here - to carry their firearms at public colleges and universities. Concealed weapons are generally not permitted at most public establishments, including colleges.

Johnson, a Republican from Mesa, said she believed that the recent carnage at Northern Illinois University could have been prevented or limited if an armed student or professor had intercepted the gunman.

The police, she said, respond too slowly to such incidents and, besides, who better than the people staring down the barrel to take action?

She initially wanted her bill to cover all public schools, kindergarten and up, but other lawmakers convinced her it stood a better chance of passing if it were limited to higher education."

Lawmaker's solution to U.S. campus shootings: More guns - International Herald Tribune

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It's interesting how the campus shooting in VA that occured before the VT murders got so little press.

Guess it was because two armed students subdued the gunman

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
A pistol-packen' momma....

...Arizona State Senator Karen Johnson.

Attachments

• Sen Karen Johnson.jpg
    Sen Karen Johnson.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 70

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Arizona doesn't mess around when it comes to guns. My ex-wife's uncle was a gold and silver dealer and used to go to the bank with two handguns tucked in his belt. Strange sight first time I saw that, but he wasn't the exception.

ylexot

Super Genius
Concealed weapons are generally not permitted at most public establishments, including colleges.

Define "most". Also, open carry is legal in AZ. I didn't know that until I was at a Jack-in-the-Box in Tucson behind a patron who had a big old revolver on his hip. Definitely a strange sight for someone who grew up in MD.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, NH, *less* guns hasn't been a solution. So if what you're doing isn't working, it makes sense to do something else.

Right?

Vince

Define "most". Also, open carry is legal in AZ. I didn't know that until I was at a Jack-in-the-Box in Tucson behind a patron who had a big old revolver on his hip. Definitely a strange sight for someone who grew up in MD.
Arizona sounds like my kind of state. :yay: Probably help my allergies too. :clap:

Toxick

Splat
Johnson, a Republican from Mesa, said she believed that the recent carnage at Northern Illinois University could have been prevented or limited if an armed student or professor had intercepted the gunman.

So, who here is going to wait for the media coverage on:

"No students shot at AU today!"

W

White Buddah

So, who here is going to wait for the media coverage on:

"No students shot at AU today!"
Well that wouldn't be the case. We would hear, "One student shot and killed before being able to open fire in classroom."

Toxick

Splat
Well that wouldn't be the case. We would hear, "One student shot and killed before being able to open fire in classroom."

I doubt that would be the spin.

Although, I would LOVE to read something like that in the paper one day:

A crazed gunman attempted to open fire on X campus today, but before he could fire a shot, he was hit with 47 rounds, center-mass, effectively stopping what could have been a massacre. Would have been a massacre at some other campus full of milquetoaste panty-wastes. A local gun-control proponent tried to spin this to his favor, by pointing out how the shooter was torn in half, and how his bladder exploded when he was hit dozens of times in the torso and abdomen, but he was quickly #####slapped by everyone at the school who was not dead, thanks to their ability to quickly and decisively defend themselves.

Kohburn

'95 ZX6R

MD is extremely difficult to get a CCW, which makes no sense because people with CCW liscenses have almost non existent crime rate compared to the rest of the population.