SOMD Adventure Racing

dustin

UAIOE
I was sent this link by an associate and thought I would post it up here for those interested. Looks like fun with both team and solo races... I may end up doing the 25k team race. After August 1st the entry fees go up.

Southern Maryland Adventure Racing

Who Are We?
We are a small volunteer group helping to raise money to support organizations like the Boy Scouts and the Catherine Foundation. These organizations need our help and provide a needed community service to our local families. We thank you for your support by coming out and racing with us.

Our Mission:
Our mission is to provide adventurous folks like you with the "next" challenge. Southern Maryland has several locations perfect for different styles of adventure racing. We hope to utilize all of these areas in order to bring you a variety of challenges.

Our Goal:
Our primary goal is to put on a first class adventure race. After all, who wants to participate in a lame event? We promise to kick your butt with our race. Just as important we want to take all of the proceeds of the race and put it back into the community that supports our families.

How to volunteer your time and skills:
We plan to offer additional races within Southern Maryland, but as you can imagine, it all takes time and energy. We are always seeking folks who can help plan a race or simply help out at one. If your one of these folks, please get in contact with us. We welcome your assistance.

How to Sponsor the Race (Individuals or Corporate):
Since the money goes right back into the Community, this is one way to help is to sponsor the Race. We will happily provide you with advertising on our website or gladly discuss other options with you. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.