SoMD group trip to see Sabaton?

UglyBear

Sabaton is touring! Sabaton is touring!

So far, the date is Sept 9. Oh, and some other band, Jumas Prest? or something (who cares) is also playing.

Ladies and gents, let's do a group SoMD trip to see them!

(Sabaton -- Swedish heavy metal rock band, songs about war in general, and men who fight war, from all the historical perspectives you can imagine).

(BTW, my grandpa was in the battle of the video above -- as an 18 year old lieutenant in the Red Army, malnourished, under trained, under equipped, thrown into the meat grinder of one of the most professional fighting forces of the last century ).

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Sabaton is touring! Sabaton is touring!

So far, the date is Sept 9. Oh, and some other band, Jumas Prest? or something (who cares) is also playing.

Ladies and gents, let's do a group SoMD trip to see them!

(Sabaton -- Swedish heavy metal rock band, songs about war in general, and men who fight war, from all the historical perspectives you can imagine).

(BTW, my grandpa was in the battle of the video above -- as an 18 year old lieutenant in the Red Army, malnourished, under trained, under equipped, thrown into the meat grinder of one of the most professional fighting forces of the last century ).

I was wondering who was the opening act for Judas Priest. I am going to see Priest. I think they may cancel the show because of COVID-19.

UglyBear

Dang you COVID! Dang you to the depth of Wuhan bat soup kitchen!

Just tried to buy tickets for myself and several coworkers -- and it's cancelled!!!

I could take closing of work, stores, schools, parks. I complained, but took it.

But now that you caused cancellation of my beloved Sabaton (and yeah, Judas Priest), now I'm pissed!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Damn shame. I'd like to see Priest again, since the last time was a blur. This Sabaton is well worth a listen, too. They have some pretty tight riffs. That would've been a killer show. Hopefully we'll get another chance in the not too distant future.

UglyBear

Damn shame. I'd like to see Priest again, since the last time was a blur. This Sabaton is well worth a listen, too. They have some pretty tight riffs. That would've been a killer show. Hopefully we'll get another chance in the not too distant future.
Imagine Sabaton and Rammstein together — that would have been epic!!!!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Imagine Sabaton and Rammstein together — that would have been epic!!!!

Let's go for broke, festival style: Sabaton, Rammstein, Leibach, Amon Amarth and Tyr.

I saw Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (with Paul Dianno), Samson (with Bruce Dickinson), AC/DC and Saxon over the summer of 78, and a couple times since.

I like to say I'm one of the first gen proto-Metalheads...first hard concert was Steppenwolf and Blue Cheer in the summer of 68. I was 12, my dad encouraged my tastes in music. Saw Spirit and Iron Butterfly that summer, too.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I sometimes wonder if this song from Blue Öyster Cult's 1974 LP "Secret Treaties" was an inspiration for military metal that came after...