SoMd Hunting & Outdoor Expo: Well, Who Went?

SOMD HUNTING & SHOOTING EXPO 2010

• I Went / As Usual

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Didn't Go / Couldn't Go

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Never Been / Don't Care

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Won't Go Back !

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

somdshootnet

I'm just curious to who went this year, what you thought. I'm also curious to know who didn't go this year, and who didn't go because they didn't like it in the past year(s). Just looking for some general feedback from the local public. I was rescreening a door and sleeping, so, I'm in with the "didn't go" crowd.

idiganthro

I'm just curious to who went this year, what you thought. I'm also curious to know who didn't go this year, and who didn't go because they didn't like it in the past year(s). Just looking for some general feedback from the local public. I was rescreening a door and sleeping, so, I'm in with the "didn't go" crowd.

None of the answers totally fit. We went for the first time. Didn't stay real long, but got lots of information, flyers, business cards, etc.

idiganthro

It's ok, if you went at all the first option fits. So what was your opinion for being a first timer?

At first glance, upon arrival, it didn't look like there was much going on. However, there were displays, vendors, and activities in quite a few of the fairground's buildings. Everyone we encountered was friendly, we were offered samples, brochures and information about everything from products to organizations to butchers/processers.
I hunted with my dad when growing up in Texas. Now, as an adult, I'm trying to get back into it. So, my husband and I went as people who have been exposed to hunting, but not participated much. I have just completed the online hunting education course and am signed up for the class portion. My goal is to become as educated as possible before actually going to hunt. As relative newcomers to the area, the one thing lacking for me is a mentor. Back home it would've been a family member or friend. So, hopefully becoming as educated and responsible as possible will help make up for that. We will probably go next year also.

limblips

PREMO Member
I know that there are many people that will help you get back into hunting. I would help but recently moved out of the area. Unusual for an area so close to metro areas but there are excellent public hunting areas in SOMD. St Mary's Lake, The Elms, Greenwood State Park,. Get the hunting manual at Wally World or K-Mart it lists the areas.. Most require a permit that you can get via mail. I hunted both private and public land and was very successful. Put out a request for help on here and you will get responses. Good luck and shoot the sure shots only!

bulldog

Did not go this year because I had family in town who would not have been interested.
I heard from a good friend that it seems to have gone down hill from the previous couple of years.

CobbWeb

First timer

I went for first time also, only stayed a couple hrs. on Sunday. My daughters had fun doing the archery clinic, the guys running that were awesome, my girls had never used a bow before and the guys provided great instructions and had them popping balloons in no time. Now I guess I gotta get a kids bow, my 10 year old want to come back next year and do the archery tounament! Thanks Guys!! Otherwise I enjoyed all the displays and the retreiver demo, girls were a little bored with all the other stuff.