Somd News poll: Open or Keep schools locked down? VOTE now

PeoplesElbow

and you always had that teacher to remind you to stop that chit and get back in the game.
I also remember doing homework in my bedroom - NOT a whole lot of it got done.
Only class besides band I was ever engaged in was Physics my senior year, everything else was just sit there and stare at the wall, try to hide my boner, etc.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They only like science the TV has told them to like.
:lol: - let's not get me started on the majority of the media.

I heard this guy being interview on WMAL the other morning
Yale epidemiologist says hydroxychloroquine is 'the key to defeating COVID-19'

That's not exactly how he put it, he said the drug was very effective in treating the virus in high risk patients.
That one of the problems with studies that say it's not effective is that the trial group was adults 18 -25, most of whom would have mild symptoms and recovery naturally. So those given the drug would not respond much different than those who didn't get it.
But in the high risk patients, particularly if given early enough reduces the symptoms so they don't require hospitalization.

Asked why this hasn't been discussed, the Dr said because of politics and money. He said it, some people don't want a available "cure' that's off the shelf and costs very little . Big Pharma certainly doesn't want it.

In combination with zinc and other drugs. Zinc, where have I heard that laughed at before. Ah yes, Coldeze, now everybody has an immune system boosting supplement that includes zinc and vitamin C. Because while it doesn't kill the VIRUS, it boosts your immune system to respond better.
We haven't found the cure for the "common cold" but we have found ways to make them less severe or even build up resistance.

But as far as the media goes, they are all frauds, liars and hypocrites.

Jake Tapper was critical of Jim Jordan's clips of violence in cities like Portland "Cherry Picking" and completely taken out of context.
This from a man who makes his living on the 30 second sound bite.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We are still talking a small number of students here.

I was talking Nation Wide .... Apologies if I caused any confusion

Some people are just not going to learn in a remote setting. I don't think you are as focused as when you are in a classroom. It's to easy to get distracted by everyday things - the door bell, the dog barking. You can't control the environment in the home.

Nope ....... a fly buzzing around the class room would distract me from the boring teacher

I don't think people currently teleworking are fully engaged, not with kids, dogs, etc. running around.

Lets be honest are you fully engaged 100% from 9 / 5 ?

Are you ever in the lunch room or at the water cooler chatting away for 5 / 10 / 20 min ?

I dont know how old you are but I remember a ton of distractions in the classroom when I was in highschool. Passing notes, erections, wondering if Suzie liked me, thinking about this weeks football game, checking out everyone's clothes and hair

oh hell I forgot all those distractions ...... Did you see that low cut shirt Suzie was wearing ?

You are right about the teleworkers, personally I got a ton more done because I didn't have to mother so many people.

I get more done without people wandering by wanting to chat .....

What's interesting is the CDC has stated kids need to go back to school,

conveniently ignored ........ but we gotta wear masks

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Jake Tapper was critical of Jim Jordan's clips of violence in cities like Portland "Cherry Picking" and completely taken out of context.
This from a man who makes his living on the 30 second sound bite.

Yeah NEVER Speaking to what is being shown ..... just deflections and accusations

stgislander

PREMO Member
What did she say?
She recently became the guardian for a 12-year old (?) when the child's other two guardians passed away. She has no internet service and didn't ever plan on getting internet service. She called both the school and Mokley Street trying to find out what she is supposed to do. She left multiple messages and nobody ever called her back. She was at wits end trying to figure out what to do.

T-Bone and Heather really stepped-up this morning trying to get her the help she needed.

PeoplesElbow

She recently became the guardian for a 12-year old (?) when the child's other two guardians passed away. She has no internet service and didn't ever plan on getting internet service. She called both the school and Mokley Street trying to find out what she is supposed to do. She left multiple messages and nobody ever called her back. She was at wits end trying to figure out what to do.

T-Bone and Heather really stepped-up this morning trying to get her the help she needed.
Don't the kids have to sign up for classes and take tests and such online?

A couple years ago I helped the neighbor kid with math homework and it was online.

What prevents her from calling and getting some internet service?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Don't the kids have to sign up for classes and take tests and such online?

A couple years ago I helped the neighbor kid with math homework and it was online.

If she's elderly, perhaps she's on a fixed income and it isn't in her budget. :sshrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'm sorry, what other legally mandatory taxpayer funded state system requires you to purchase a commercial service in order to comply?

And PS, Atlantic just raised their rates. Can that possibly be a coincidence?

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Internet is not a regulated product. You can not force any company to provide you broadband. None. The only option you have is if you can pay, and I'm talking about building outside plant to the tune of $10k to &10 million.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I think everyone is looking at this wrong. We can and we need to do both things. Here's my solution. We lock down the schools. But first we fill it full of students and teachers. Then lock the doors. Nobody in, nobody out. By the time the virus is contained, we will unleash on the world the brightest students this world has ever seen.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I think everyone is looking at this wrong. We can and we need to do both things. Here's my solution. We lock down the schools. But first we fill it full of students and teachers. Then lock the doors. Nobody in, nobody out. By the time the virus is contained, we will unleash on the world the brightest students this world has ever seen.
With out food and water it should cure the childhood obesity epidemic too.:yay: