SOMDracing Imposters

crazysquid said:
Some of you know me and some of you have seen me driving around town. I am an administrator on the local car club website www.somdracing.com. The problem that myself and other members of our group are having and have been having is the fact that when ever we get together at Target, Doughnut Connection, etc etc, there are a people that seem to think that they have to show off in front of us i.e. burnouts, excessive speed, vulgar slander, trashing the parking lot, and worst of all they claim to belong to our group which causes people to believe that our site / automobile club does these things on a constant basis. Our site does not promote any of these acts what so ever. We are a group that enjoys social events and admiring each other’s rides. We are constantly being told by the police that we are disturbing the peace when it is actually others that come around, try to show off, and leave to where the police show up and think that it's us. Our club is willing to do what is necessary to continue our get togethers without the immature acts of others. I know this seems like I'm venting to some. All I am trying to do is clear our club's name of any wrong doings and try to attract more auto enthusiasts to our group. If there are people driving around immaturly or claiming that they belong to our group, contact me so I can take care of it.

Jason
Yea, nobody from your group would ever engage in any illegal activities...i.e street racing, burnouts, ect....:sarcasm:
 

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
LOL what did you expect to happen? Happens everywhere.. You need to find a place that isnt out in the open. When a punk shows up send em on their way..
 

GraphitePearl

New Member
Hmmm....
sounds like your car club draws the wrong kind of attention. I have been at target with a group of car enthusiasts when "members" of your organization have suddenly "appeared". You are claiming that there are imposters that behave the way you describe above, yet when I have ever been around "members" (I am assuming because they had your organizations stickers on thier cars) they behave exactly the way the imposters you blame above. What gives? Are you sure these people aren't actually members giving the rest of you a bad name? Who exactly are these "imposters" you speak of?
 

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
RoseRed said:
Never heard of you. :shrug:
Its a bunch of kids that dump money into their cars and sit in parking lots. I stopped by with friend once (she talked me into it) and I decided never to do it again.
 

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Taken from the website: "About SOMDracing.com.... Basically it all started about years ago with Justin Kline getting into cars, and racing. He decided to hang out in front of Target.... This is where I come in (Ron) I met a buncha guys at Target one night when I stopped by with my SRT4, and the rest is history. There is alot of drama with this club, but hell do you expect a bunch of gearheads, and guys and gals that party not to argue lol.

It has always been an interesting issue when we come toghter at parties. Yes we are full of drama and we love it. Usually we can back up most of the things we claim, so that isnt a problem."
 

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SOMD street and drag racing... can't imagine ANY of you would do anything stupid or illegal like burnouts..

Do you all own ricers and like to act like you are going fast by making a lot of noise going up and down 235??
 

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
FastCarsSpeed said:
LOL what did you expect to happen? Happens everywhere.. You need to find a place that isnt out in the open. When a punk shows up send em on their way..
Yep. It isn't so much that they attract the wrong the people, but that they do nothing about it. Personally, I think they like it that way; so I don't know why he's b****ing.
 
crazysquid said:
Some of you know me and some of you have seen me driving around town. I am an administrator on the local car club website www.somdracing.com. The problem that myself and other members of our group are having and have been having is the fact that when ever we get together at Target, Doughnut Connection, etc etc, there are a people that seem to think that they have to show off in front of us i.e. burnouts, excessive speed, vulgar slander, trashing the parking lot, and worst of all they claim to belong to our group which causes people to believe that our site / automobile club does these things on a constant basis. Our site does not promote any of these acts what so ever. We are a group that enjoys social events and admiring each other’s rides. We are constantly being told by the police that we are disturbing the peace when it is actually others that come around, try to show off, and leave to where the police show up and think that it's us. Our club is willing to do what is necessary to continue our get togethers without the immature acts of others. I know this seems like I'm venting to some. All I am trying to do is clear our club's name of any wrong doings and try to attract more auto enthusiasts to our group. If there are people driving around immaturly or claiming that they belong to our group, contact me so I can take care of it.

Jason
That was probably me in my Mom's Ford wagon. Sorry. :lmao:
 

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Look. Here's the most important question. Does anyone in your group look, even remotely, like Vin Diesel?
 

GraphitePearl

New Member
Chasey_Lane said:
Taken from the website: "About SOMDracing.com.... Basically it all started about years ago with Justin Kline getting into cars, and racing. He decided to hang out in front of Target.... This is where I come in (Ron) I met a buncha guys at Target one night when I stopped by with my SRT4, and the rest is history. There is alot of drama with this club, but hell do you expect a bunch of gearheads, and guys and gals that party not to argue lol.

It has always been an interesting issue when we come toghter at parties. Yes we are full of drama and we love it. Usually we can back up most of the things we claim, so that isnt a problem."
exactly. Why in the hell would you put the fact that you fully enjoy drama surrounding your club and in fact, it would seem as evidenced by your post, encourage it? And it may not be such a good idea to advertise that you drive your car illegally on 235. You're only making other car enthusiasts look bad. :smack:
 
bresamil said:
Look. Here's the most important question. Does anyone in your group look, even remotely, like Vin Diesel?
I swear to God I saw someone who looked exactly like him the other day, but he was driving a custom Hummer.
 

GraphitePearl

New Member
not that I would have noticed either way but I did overhear one of them comment to another that he "lives his life a quarter of a mile at a time"...coincident, I think not.
 

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
desertrat said:
I swear to God I saw someone who looked exactly like him the other day, but he was driving a custom Hummer.
WHERE?????? Vin Diesel and a custom Hummer. Fantasy complete! :drool:
 
bresamil said:
Look. Here's the most important question. Does anyone in your group look, even remotely, like Vin Diesel?
When Vin Diesel goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket.

Vin Diesel is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

You are what you eat. That is why Vin Diesel's diet consists entirely of bricks, steel, and the tears of small children.

Vin Diesel can divide by zero.

When Vin Diesel jumps into a body of water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Vin instead.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.
 

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
crazysquid said:
All I'm saying is that we are a bunch of motor heads that want a spot to hang out with out people doing immature s**t. You want us off the streets so we are doing that and we still get kicked out of the spots we go to.
Maybe you should find another secret spot.
 

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
crazysquid said:
All I'm saying is that we are a bunch of motor heads that want a spot to hang out with out people doing immature s**t. You want us off the streets so we are doing that and we still get kicked out of the spots we go to.
Like someone else posted, find a different place to hang out. You are looking for attention or you wouldn't be sitting in the busiest parking lot in the County.

Sorry about the incident with my Gremlin.
 
Top