Some nasty upper respiratory infection crud going around....

SailorGirl

I had to take my older son (Thing1) to the doctor at about the 2 week mark. His started sounding like he had a sinus infection - his head was pounding every day and he was starting to talk very loud. (He has a loud voice anyway, and can never modulate very well.) Turns out he was this close to full blown ear infections in both ears and there was a lot of sinus pressure from congestion. The doc prescribed anti-b's for 10 days (along with Zyrtec and Mucinex) and Ibuprofen for the pain. He cleared up!
Glad to hear he's better. I'm hoping I don't get that sick - can't seem to settle down tonight though, I've been trying to get to sleep for the last two hours.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Glad to hear he's better. I'm hoping I don't get that sick - can't seem to settle down tonight though, I've been trying to get to sleep for the last two hours.
Thank you. He rarely gets that sick, but I think this year he's working in a place where he comes into contact with many people in the public, and he also takes the County public transportation, so he's getting exposure to germs there, too.

General Lee

I had to take my older son (Thing1) to the doctor at about the 2 week mark. His started sounding like he had a sinus infection - his head was pounding every day and he was starting to talk very loud. (He has a loud voice anyway, and can never modulate very well.) Turns out he was this close to full blown ear infections in both ears and there was a lot of sinus pressure from congestion. The doc prescribed anti-b's for 10 days (along with Zyrtec and Mucinex) and Ibuprofen for the pain. He cleared up!
Curious what antibiotic was prescribed if you don’t mind saying?

SailorGirl

Whoa. You got rid of the rib roast ???????????????
No, I'm kidding. What would I talk about incessantly if not for that? My washer/dryer is still broken so I had to do laundry at 5 this morning. Guess where I found my car key? Hanging on the outside doorknob of my front door where apparently they've been since Sunday afternoon.

General Lee

No, I'm kidding. What would I talk about incessantly if not for that? My washer/dryer is still broken so I had to do laundry at 5 this morning. Guess where I found my car key? Hanging on the outside doorknob of my front door where apparently they've been since Sunday afternoon.
Where are you doing laundry at at 5am?