Some nasty upper respiratory infection crud going around....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Was wondering again how I missed a thread like this, then noticed the timestamp. My happy ass was already in bed before the party started. I knew I should've given up my day job. I miss ALL the fun.

Oh well, time to hit the shower and head off to work...

mitzi

Oh you're right they have two plans big difference in prices. There's probably some stuff I couldn't live without - maybe cartoon channels for my son and History, FX for me. My plan is now marked $54 something.

I just looked at plans. You get a lot more than I do. I only want it for an occasional movie.

Just an FYI. Still feeling crappy, so wanted to take some Comtrex. It has Acetaminophen for pain killer, but Ibuprofen works better on my headaches, which I have a killer right now. Looked them up. Because each works differently, metabolized differently, nothing alike, you can actually take both at the same time, full single dose of each. Taking both together actually works better than opioids for pain.
If that's the case, why do doctors continue to prescribe opioids instead of this combo for pain?

Anyway, off to bed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Did you get to a doctor at all? That's a long time for an upper respiratory type thing isn't it?
I had to take my older son (Thing1) to the doctor at about the 2 week mark. His started sounding like he had a sinus infection - his head was pounding every day and he was starting to talk very loud. (He has a loud voice anyway, and can never modulate very well.) Turns out he was this close to full blown ear infections in both ears and there was a lot of sinus pressure from congestion. The doc prescribed anti-b's for 10 days (along with Zyrtec and Mucinex) and Ibuprofen for the pain. He cleared up!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Glad to hear he's better. I'm hoping I don't get that sick - can't seem to settle down tonight though, I've been trying to get to sleep for the last two hours.
Thank you. He rarely gets that sick, but I think this year he's working in a place where he comes into contact with many people in the public, and he also takes the County public transportation, so he's getting exposure to germs there, too.

General Lee

I had to take my older son (Thing1) to the doctor at about the 2 week mark. His started sounding like he had a sinus infection - his head was pounding every day and he was starting to talk very loud. (He has a loud voice anyway, and can never modulate very well.) Turns out he was this close to full blown ear infections in both ears and there was a lot of sinus pressure from congestion. The doc prescribed anti-b's for 10 days (along with Zyrtec and Mucinex) and Ibuprofen for the pain. He cleared up!
Curious what antibiotic was prescribed if you don’t mind saying?