Some nasty upper respiratory infection crud going around....

General Lee

No, I'm kidding. What would I talk about incessantly if not for that? My washer/dryer is still broken so I had to do laundry at 5 this morning. Guess where I found my car key? Hanging on the outside doorknob of my front door where apparently they've been since Sunday afternoon.
Where are you doing laundry at at 5am?

Just had some hot/sour soup from the local take out. Literally blew my nose and sinuses clear. Too bad it won't last.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Afrin has been a life saver for me. Opens you right up quick and lasts.
Have you tried just a regular saline spray? I swear by it. A few years ago, I had to have 2 courses of antibiotics and steroids - my sinus infection was epic. I went to an ENT and she had me get an MRI on my sinuses. (or was it a CT scan?) Anyway, I have really narrow sinus passages, and I have to be VERY careful when I get a cold. It can go to a sinus infection in a day. So I have to be very proactive.

Anyhoo, the saline spray helps keep things cleared out, and is not addictive. I don't like the Neti Pot, and I think saline works better, too.

General Lee

Have you tried just a regular saline spray? I swear by it. A few years ago, I had to have 2 courses of antibiotics and steroids - my sinus infection was epic. I went to an ENT and she had me get an MRI on my sinuses. (or was it a CT scan?) Anyway, I have really narrow sinus passages, and I have to be VERY careful when I get a cold. It can go to a sinus infection in a day. So I have to be very proactive.

Anyhoo, the saline spray helps keep things cleared out, and is not addictive. I don't like the Neti Pot, and I think saline works better, too.
I do use saline on occasion and do nasal rinses a lot (the squeeze bottle).

littlelady

God bless the USA
No, I'm kidding. What would I talk about incessantly if not for that? My washer/dryer is still broken so I had to do laundry at 5 this morning. Guess where I found my car key? Hanging on the outside doorknob of my front door where apparently they've been since Sunday afternoon.

:faint:

littlelady

God bless the USA
As far as the crud thing going around. Hub and I had it, and were dealing with it. My dot gave me this product for my 65th bday 10 days ago. It’s not cheap. She is a total changer of her lifestyle since she was diagnosed with MS 4 years ago. This stuff works. Hub and I became symptom free within two days. I, also, noticed my skin looks so much better. Many wrinkles are gone.

NutriBiotic Sodium Ascorbate...buffered Vit C, antioxidant, and collagen support. I am sold.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Vitamin C and sodium are essential nutrients that help support the body's health. Vitamin C provides antioxidant protection to the immune system, as well as maintains the health of blood vessels, tissue, cartilage, bones, eyes, and other organ systems.* Vitamin C is also required for the biosynthesis of collagen, L-carnitine, and neurotransmitters.* Sodium is an electrolyte that helps maintain the balance of water in and around cells, maintain stable blood pressure, and is important for muscle and nerve function.* The combined positive effects of vitamin C and sodium make this an important supplement for the body’s overall health.

NutriBiotic Sodium Ascorbate is manufactured by dissolving L-ascorbic acid with sodium hydrogen carbonate mined from the earth.
So, 850 mg. of Vitamin C and 100mg of sodium hydrogen carbonate (othewise known as sodium bicarbonate or bicarbonate of soda) It could probably be done cheaper. :yay: