Something (disturbing) i have noticed

Starman3000m

Tried that several times, didn't work. Catholics got accused of preaching "another Jesus, another gospel" :blahblah:.

Not "accused" but more in stating a fact that the Holy Bible does not teach that Jesus would be accompanied in Heaven with His mother and her being given the title of Queen of Heaven, Queen of Angels, Mediatrix, co-Redemptrix, Advocate, etc., and that she would pass along prayers to Jesus and help souls get into Heaven.

The RCC belief and teaching of Christ the Messiah are totally different than the Evangelical/Protestant/Messianic Jew belief of the Biblical account of Jesus. Yes, the RCC teaches another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary!

On that (and a few other things) we agreed to disagree, remember?. :popcorn:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Please won't you all stop fighting..... it's been going on since Christ was here. Religion should be about spreading the word.... IMHO :coffee:
Are you saying that we should never correct anyone elses beliefs, even if they are blatantly wrong? I mean really; That's all we're doing here. The devil would love for us to not show the error of other belief systems.

Besides; there ARE lots of people who are learning things that they didn't know before. It's going to happen any way you slice it but no one likes to be told they're wrong.

hotcoffee

Are you saying that we should never correct anyone elses beliefs, even if they are blatantly wrong? I mean really; That's all we're doing here. The devil would love for us to not show the error of other belief systems.

Besides; there ARE lots of people who are learning things that they didn't know before. It's going to happen any way you slice it but no one likes to be told they're wrong.

I'm saying that we should show compassion for those who don't know. I'm saying we should not be deciding who's church is the right church. We should be discussing the Good News.

Do I think the RCC is going to far with the worship of Mary.... yep
Do I think the RCC is going to far with the statues, rosaries, and confessing sins to a priest.... yep
Do I think the RCC has merit... sure....

I'd rather focus on the merit and go from there....

Know what I mean?

:coffee:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

IS, this is where you and I disagree, but hey, like I've told Starman before, there is indeed only one truth and we will all find out one day.

That's my fundamental problem with evangelicals. Telling me how wrong I am. Seems you all forget the verse about splinters and boards in eyes.

Know what i mean?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't recall having done so. You agreed to disagree, which has meant absolutely nothing.

So you just will not even agree to disagree, in any way, shape, or form?

Wow. Lots of civil communications there. Sounds just like the current occupant of the WH. "My way or the highway".

Gotta love the rcc. Just because you say so.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm saying that we should show compassion for those who don't know. I'm saying we should not be deciding who's church is the right church. We should be discussing the Good News.

Do I think the RCC is going to far with the worship of Mary.... yep
Do I think the RCC is going to far with the statues, rosaries, and confessing sins to a priest.... yep
Do I think the RCC has merit... sure....

Know what I mean?

I think you should focus on what’s important to you; just as others are focusing on what’s important to them. There are some who want to make sure others have it right. There are some that believe they serve as a warning bell that some practices are wrong in the eyes of God, so as not to have someone who is thinking about being saved go down the wrong path. For Christians, salvation is a hugely important thing and it can be done wrong – don’t you think?

PsyOps

Pixelated
IS, this is where you and I disagree, but hey, like I've told Starman before, there is indeed only one truth and we will all find out one day.

That's my fundamental problem with evangelicals. Telling me how wrong I am. Seems you all forget the verse about splinters and boards in eyes.

Know what i mean?

Aren't you telling IS how wrong he is, making you just as guilty? :shrug:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
When you disagree with someone, aren't you basically telling them they are wrong?

No, not necessarily. I simply do not agree with him on something, doesn't mean I think it's wrong, just doesn't jive with what I think. I respect what people think, doesn't mean it's wrong if I don't follow along.

Acceptance does not have to mean agreement.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No, not necessarily. I simply do not agree with him on something, doesn't mean I think it's wrong, just doesn't jive with what I think. I respect what people think, doesn't mean it's wrong if I don't follow along.

Acceptance does not have to mean agreement.

Now hold on:

Do you disagree with someone who you believe is right? Nope!

Do you disagree with someone who you are not sure is right or wrong? Nope!

Do you disagree with someone you don't care if they're right or wrong? Nope!

Do you disagree with someone who you believe is wrong? Yup!

Aren't those the only 4 choices? :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
If you make those your only 4 choices, then yes.

Acceptance doesn't mean agreement.

Do you have any other choices?

We're not talking about agreement or acceptance. We're talking about disagreeing with someone and their point. If you disagree with their point then you believe they are wrong.

Do you agree or disagree? :evil:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Know what I mean? :coffee:
So you think I'm not showing compassion for people who believe incorrectly? People may be on the highway to Hell and (you're saying) I shouldn't warn them about it? Just seeing all the time I spend doing this should show you I care. And are you saying that Jesus never sternly chastized anyone? How about John 8??

Your approach is what I call "feel good Theology". Jesus never did ONLY the feel good stuff. He gave the people love & compassion and fire & brimstone. We should too, when it is called for.

If you think you're called to only the feel good stuff then that's what you should do but I was not called only for that. I'd feel like I was doing half the job so I take the balanced approach to witnessing: Sometimes soft & sweet; Sometimes strong and take no prisoners. Did you miss that or are you ignoring how Jesus, Paul & Peter handled their ministries?
IS, this is where you and I disagree, but hey, like I've told Starman before, there is indeed only one truth and we will all find out one day. That's my fundamental problem with evangelicals. Telling me how wrong I am. Seems you all forget the verse about splinters and boards in eyes. Know what i mean?
I know the verse well but I think you're seeing a plank that isn't there...

If I'm right and you don't listen, you'll be sad forever. If I'm wrong, it won't matter to either of us but is it worth the chance? There's a lot more evidence for this Jesus than people will admit. Believe what you want but, when people care enough to warn you, you might want to re-evaluate...:cheers:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
So you just will not even agree to disagree, in any way, shape, or form?

Wow. Lots of civil communications there. Sounds just like the current occupant of the WH. "My way or the highway".

Gotta love the rcc. Just because you say so.

Don't be a dumb ass. :smack:

Unless there is a truce of some sort, and in this case Starman has clearly not shown that, agreeing to disagree are empty and hollow words; it means absolutely nothing. I'm no fool, and I'm not prone to spouting empty and hollow words so I can look better in someone else's eyes. How's that for civil communication? Can you hear me now? :coffee:

hotcoffee

So you think I'm not showing compassion for people who believe incorrectly? People may be on the highway to Hell and (you're saying) I shouldn't warn them about it? Just seeing all the time I spend doing this should show you I care. And are you saying that Jesus never sternly chastized anyone? How about John 8?? :

Do you mean John 8:33? [you know I hate to take verses out of context]
"33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”​

Jesus had just been talking with the disciples and He asked them who they thought he was.... Peter told Christ that he thought He was the Messiah. Jesus told Peter that He would build His church on that.... Peter was feeling good about himself [best disciple ever right?] then Peter messed up and Jesus called him "Satan"..... Is that what you are saying?

Your approach is what I call "feel good Theology". Jesus never did ONLY the feel good stuff. He gave the people love & compassion and fire & brimstone. We should too, when it is called for. :

I know Jesus didn't stick with the feel good theology.... There's a difference between what Jesus was saying [especially when He was facing the Pharisees] and the quibbling over who's church is right and who's church is wrong....

Look at this.... Paul is discussing problems within the church.... which is pretty much on topic here IMHO

"1 Corinthians 6

New International Version (NIV)

Lawsuits Among Believers

6 If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? 2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6 But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!

7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."​

I'm saying we shouldn't be bickering about who's church is better in this forum because there are non=believers in here and Satan will use that to dilute the message we should be bringing to them..... right?

If you think you're called to only the feel good stuff then that's what you should do but I was not called only for that. I'd feel like I was doing half the job so I take the balanced approach to witnessing: Sometimes soft & sweet; Sometimes strong and take no prisoners. Did you miss that or are you ignoring how Jesus, Paul & Peter handled their ministries? :

If the gospel itself were being battered here.... I would stand up strong... but we're not talking about the gospel here.... it's the differences in churches that is at debate.... and that's just not something that can be resolved here.... it takes away from the gospel.

If someone says "oh I don't need Jesus to get to heaven".... I'm right on that debate..... but if someone says I am going to heaven because I'm a Baptist or a Catholic or non-denominational.... that's just not worthy of discussion here....

If I'm right and you don't listen, you'll be sad forever. If I'm wrong, it won't matter to either of us but is it worth the chance? There's a lot more evidence for this Jesus than people will admit. Believe what you want but, when people care enough to warn you, you might want to re-evaluate...:cheers:

I don't think which church is the answer..... It's Grace....

That little girl who's dad said someone from another religion is no good.... she learned from the goodness of her new friend.... her dad didn't get punched out verbally on a forum....

It's by the Grace of God that we are saved.... not by the doctrine of the meeting hall.... but humans can sure mess things up....

So let's look at that verse again.... John 8:33

Last edited:

hotcoffee

I think you should focus on what’s important to you; just as others are focusing on what’s important to them. There are some who want to make sure others have it right. There are some that believe they serve as a warning bell that some practices are wrong in the eyes of God, so as not to have someone who is thinking about being saved go down the wrong path. For Christians, salvation is a hugely important thing and it can be done wrong – don’t you think?

Salvation is the only thing that is important....

I have two sisters who belong to the Catholic Church.... and I'm a Baptist.... and I have an Uncle who is a Presbyterian minister.... that doesn't define any of us as saved by Grace....

I know people who have never walked into a church and they are Christians, saved by Grace....

Salvation is a gift from God.... it can't be done wrong....

Humans, however, can distort the Word.... our bickering about which church is right or wrong is counterproductive in my opinion....

IMHO spreading the Good News is much better than discussing the ills of the churches run by humans....

I don't normally get into the Catholic v Protestant v Non denominational debates because they don't help us spread the gospel.... this debate just sucked me in for some reason.... :geek:

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Corinthians 11:13-15
For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

------

John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

------

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

-------

Matthew 7:15-20
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

------

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

------

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

------

Romans 16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

StoneThrower

I'm saying we shouldn't be bickering about who's church is better in this forum because there are non=believers in here and Satan will use that to dilute the message we should be bringing to them..... right?

Agreeded, about non believers, but you missed a huge point, its not about which church is better.

If the gospel itself were being battered here....

Becky the hinge of SALVATION, is the doctrine of Justification by Faith and that is the primary differnce with regards to salvation and the gospel.
A protestant believes one is justifeid by faith alone, and some here believe that faith is a gift of God.

Eph 2:8-9 Says that about both Faith and Grace
Not everyone hear believes that, even some protestants, some think man is capable of that belief on his own, while others believe man is dead in sin and can do nothing, that Salvation is all of God, from begining to end.

Perhaps the way to end it, is to start at the begining, and define what a Christian is. Of which only a select few will agree on that, if there is no agreement on that, than there can be no agreement as to what a church is.

Doctrine is the foundation of Christian belief!