Something That Bugs Me

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm listening to the announcers pre-ISS Undock from Mission Control. The announcers are women. Both have a terrible voice for announcing. Not that their voices are terrible, but they both have this thing where as they approach the end of a thought or sentence, their voice trails off into some kind of growl-y, nasal-y voice that's really annoying to listen to. This is something I've noticed a lot lately, this same learned? trend of annoying trail-off, far more often in women than men, but some men do it too. If you have something to say, SAY IT! Firmly and clearly. You sound like a whiney little girl when you talk like that.

/rant.

rio

Hey now! I used to have other servers (both male and female) pay me to holler for the birthday announcements at Po'Folks back in the day. I was almost 5' and 85lbs, but I could get a whole Friday night fishfry crowd to shut up and listen, and then sing happy birthday to the unhappy victim. Even had customers request for me to do it cause I had such a good, strong voice for announcing. So there!!!

They usually paid a little extra if I would "please just announce, but don't sing, ok?".

frequentflier

happy to be living
Even as a teenager, (a loong time ago!) I disliked 99% female announcers; mostly found of FM radio stations. Like...put some bass in your voice. No one wants to hear your high pitched whiney sounding voice.
I don't watch sports of any kind but hate when I am someplace with "forced" tv and see/hear women sportscasters. Ugh. Go ahead and call me sexist but I think most of them are put on the shows to boost ratings if they are hot (but most I have seen are not :roflmao: )
The only female I will listen to is Shemekia Copeland on the Blues station on SiriusXM. She has a non offensive voice, is a great musician and plays some good blues.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't mind female announcers at all, as long as they speak well. I do very much mind that particular speech pattern regardless of who's using it.

PJay

Even as a teenager, (a loong time ago!) I disliked 99% female announcers; mostly found of FM radio stations. Like...put some bass in your voice. No one wants to hear your high pitched whiney sounding voice.
I don't watch sports of any kind but hate when I am someplace with "forced" tv and see/hear women sportscasters. Ugh. Go ahead and call me sexist but I think most of them are put on the shows to boost ratings if they are hot (but most I have seen are not :roflmao: )
What's with the skin tight dresses!? You see their cellulite and all! Do these women have a mirror!? Weather women are the worst!

Give me a professional man in a suit and tie.