Something weird just happened

mitzi

I was just reading a thread and my screen went weird. At first it was pixels blinking everywhere for a few seconds. Then at the top there were 3 rows of of the somd icon thing for a few seconds. Then, it went to three rows of what looked like Arabic. WTH could this have been?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
video drive is corrupted :sshrug:

did your reboot your computer ... are any other programs affected

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
video drive is corrupted :sshrug:

did your reboot your computer ... are any other programs affected
One of the first things I learned when I ventured into the IT field was to cycle power if things got weird. :yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the first things I learned when I ventured into the IT field was to cycle power if things got weird. :yay:

I find it disturbing that 90 % of the help desk calls are resolved with rebooting

and 90% of what's left are PEBKAC Issues ..... then whats left are

1. Application Issues
  2. OS Issues [ Driver Etc]
  3. Profile Issues

mitzi

That's what I did, cleared everything and rebooted again. All has been okay. I thought it was the Russians. Seriously, the Arabic did alarm me.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's what I did, cleared everything and rebooted again. All has been okay. I thought it was the Russians. Seriously, the Arabic did alarm me.
On a serious note, hopefully your video driver somehow got corrupted and rebooting the machine reset whatever went wrong. Those kinds of issues drive help desk people nuts.

mitzi

On a serious note, hopefully your video driver somehow got corrupted and rebooting the machine reset whatever went wrong. Those kinds of issues drive help desk people nuts.

I fixed it before I asked the question here. I shut it down ASAP. I'm wondering what could have caused it. It sounds like what you said.

mitzi

I'm wondering now if it was a hack job. Yesterday, I was pricing something at 3 sites I usually order from and all three wouldn't let me log on without changing my password. Stated it needed to be changed due to numerous attempts to log in. Maybe it's a coincidence but it makes me wonder.