Soulless, Inc.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
aka the overlords at my hobby job

Their latest scheme is trying to turn us into cold-calling hard sell slam dunk sales people for longterm stays and condo sales. Had I known that would be part of the job, I'd have never even applied. If I wanted to do that sort of work I could make a hell of a lot more money than what they're paying me.

Anyway, nobody wants to do this so they came up with an "incentive". Ready?

It's not commission.
It's not even a prize for the top selling person or team.

If your team sells the most of these things, you get $25k....to spend on improvements to the resort.

Yes, if you make them a bunch of money they will reward you by fixing their sh*t.

:roflmao:

Good thing I mute and turn off my vid during these Zoom calls because I laughed out loud and had to compose myself.

:lmao:

Oh, second prize is a Coleman cooler. :lol:

I am not making this up. At this point the job is an exercise in hilarity and social experiment. I'm amused to see what stupid sh*t they come up with next. But what's sad is there are a great many of my work peers who this is their real job. This low level $1.99 nothing is their career and they frequently work off the clock to....I'm not sure why, because it's not like corporate ever says thank you or recognizes effort. If you died on the job they wouldn't even send your family a condolence card. Yet hundreds - maybe thousands - of sad sacks are willing to work for free for millionaires who own a multi-billion dollar corporation.

:lmao:

It's fascinating and I'm so grateful I'm not in that position. This is my fun job - until corporate ****s it up so much I start hating it. A paid hobby. Enough to pay my bills so I can bank my real income and have a cushy retirement. I'm also fortunate that only two of my onsite co-workers are sad sacks who need this pissant job. The rest are like me, it's pin money and something to do. So while those two are barfing up Kool-Aid, the rest of us are laughing out loud. It's nice to have a tribe.

It's just amazing what these corporations get away with and the unwashed masses enable it and don't take a stand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just one vid of many...

The interesting part is that some of those are actually illegal, and yet sad sack workers appear to tolerate it ("My boss is making me....") instead of telling them to **** off and walking out, or calling the police to document and then get a lawyer.

There is a segment of humanity that doesn't do well when give power. They turn into bullies and come up with all sorts of nonsense in order to flex. Fortunately there is no shortage of people who love to be bullied and humiliated. I work with one of them and it's interesting to watch her do life. Anyway, I'm sure most of you know what I'm thinking, so I won't mention the D word and turn this political.

:jet: