Source: Redskins make time for LJ

Severa

Common sense ain't common
ESPN.com

The Washington Redskins market search for a veteran running back has brought them to Larry Johnson, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Two days after former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Willie Parker visited with Washington, the Redskins are scheduled to host a visit Thursday with Johnson, formerly of the Chiefs and Bengals, the source said.

The Redskins have made it known around the league that they would like to sign a veteran back.

============

Disclaimer: I'm from a basketball state (KY) so my knowledge of NFL is pretty slim.
Your thoughts on the 'Skins talking to LJ?

angelbaby

We don't need that headache...

Don't bring him to Washington please!!

Legal troubles

Johnson has been arrested four times since 2003 on various assault charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his then-girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings.

His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub that night. On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on October 11. The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit against Johnson, accusing him of negligence, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

On second thought...bring him, with his obvious "affection" for women, maybe I can get a chance to meet him in person :buttkick: :boxing:

:lol:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
It would be like coming back home for LJ. He grew up in Charles County, before his daddy took the job at Penn State.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Update: LJ Signs With The Skins

ESPN.com

The Washington Redskins made their biggest free-agent splash Friday night, signing running back Larry Johnson to a three-year contract.

The deal is worth $3.5 million and could reach as much as $12 million total with incentives.

Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl pick who has run for 6,219 yards and 55 touchdowns in eight NFL seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs and Cincinnati Bengals, is expected to work with incumbent Redskins running back Clinton Portis.

Johnson also has 154 catches for 1,373 yards and six TDs.

BuddyLee

Football addict
When new Redskins running back Larry Johnson was waiting to sign his contract, Gary Fitzgerald of Redskins.com and I managed to talk to him briefly about his feelings for the team. Between his talk of "a dream come true" and "grew up watching the Redskins," Johnson started to say, "I have a story about Gary Clark, but..." and then trailed off to namedrop Joe Jacoby and Charles Mann as guys he rooted for growing up.

We eventually got him to come back around to the story, though, just before he was called away, and it turns out that Gary Clark -- the great Redskins wide receiver -- was a pretty big inspiration for Johnson, just not in the way you might expect.

"People always ask me why I always take the longest time to sign autographs -- like, I've gotta sign every autograph," Johnson said.

"Well, when I went to Redskins camp [as a kid]," he continued, "I was real shy about getting autographs, but my brother wasn't. So my brother asked Gary Clark for an autograph, and he didn't stop. He just kept running."

Johnson shrugged. "Ever since then, I've been prone to try to sign every autograph I can at different team events and stuff like that. I always do it, regardless of where I am."

Then he was called away by general manager Bruce Allen to sign something else, and that was all we got of that story.

But Redskins fans who might be a bit skeptical of this move can take comfort in the fact that Larry Johnson is every bit as much of a Hogs fan as they are, and he learned something from Gary Clark that he carries with him to this day.

Redskins Blog -- The Official Blog of the Washington Redskins

Check out the youtube of him pulling down Polamalu by his hair.:lmao:

Wildcat97

ESPN.com

The Washington Redskins made their biggest free-agent splash Friday night, signing running back Larry Johnson to a three-year contract.

The deal is worth $3.5 million and could reach as much as $12 million total with incentives.

Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl pick who has run for 6,219 yards and 55 touchdowns in eight NFL seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs and Cincinnati Bengals, is expected to work with incumbent Redskins running back Clinton Portis.

Johnson also has 154 catches for 1,373 yards and six TDs.

:bigwhoop:

Not sure there is enough head room in the locker room for all that ego. Will be interesting to see if this will make CP work hard in the offseason, or just make him piss and moan all the more. He better be ready to lose his job if he can't perform or act the way he did last season.
:smack:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:bigwhoop:

Not sure there is enough head room in the locker room for all that ego. Will be interesting to see if this will make CP work hard in the offseason, or just make him piss and moan all the more. He better be ready to lose his job if he can't perform or act the way he did last season.
:smack:

I will be surprised if Portis is on the team come week 1.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Shanny says he LOVES CP! I kinda saw thru that crap right when it broke on ESPN980. It's not like they were exactly BFF's in Denver... just sayin'
:whistle:

BFF? He traded him. He certainly did not consider him indispensable when he was in his prime. :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
:yay:

He saw Champ Bailey as a bigger asset than CP... It still burns me we traded Champ away.
Well, he was right. Champ was a bigger asset than CP. Usually a good cornerback is harder to find than a good running back.

CP will be here this year. Next year, now that's the question.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Well, he was right. Champ was a bigger asset than CP. Usually a good cornerback is harder to find than a good running back.

CP will be here this year. Next year, now that's the question.

The RB contest may be even more exciting this year than the QB contest has been over the past couple years. :popcorn:

Black-Francis

It would be like coming back home for LJ. He grew up in Charles County, before his daddy took the job at Penn State.

That is one thing I don't understand about Larry Jr..... His Father and Mother are two of the sweetest people and I know they did not raise Larry Jr. to be the disrespectful human being he has proven to be... I know that they are highly disappointed in his actions off the field as they should be.