South Carolina

luvmygdaughters

Just got back from a fantastic week in Myrtle Beach, SC. My daughters booked an amazing house overlooking a beautiful lake, with morning visitors consisting of geese, swans and turtles. Had a great time...and...no mask requirements anywhere at the beach. No one was wearing masks anywhere, it was so nice! Also, I have never seen so many Trump supporters anywhere at one time. It was fantastic!! We are seriously considering selling our house in making a move to SC!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
MB has a great vibe as a beach town. They have an awesome campground at Ocean Lakes. It's like it's own tiny city. They even have a post office and their own radio station. But it gets downright cold there in the winter time.

SandieGarry

We used to go in early spring, end of March I think. Anyone in the family was allowed to go, we paid for the rooms through our timeshare. Usually took a day trip to Charleston, it was a blast. MB has a lot going for it.

luvmygdaughters

MB has a great vibe as a beach town. They have an awesome campground at Ocean Lakes. It's like it's own tiny city. They even have a post office and their own radio station. But it gets downright cold there in the winter time.
That's where we were. 2nd time vacationing there. Great place. I think I can tolerate their cold better than Maryland cold!😄

NextJen

Raisin cane
Been looking at a place to buy down around Murrells Inlet or possibly Pawley's Island area for retirement. I could possibly consider Garden City, Surfside, North Myrtle or Little River. Can't wait to be close to the beach and awesome seafood!

Grumpy

Been looking at a place to buy down around Murrells Inlet or possibly Pawley's Island area for retirement. I could possibly consider Garden City, Surfside, North Myrtle or Little River. Can't wait to be close to the beach and awesome seafood!
Lot of friends and relatives have retired in those areas. We've looked online at places in Garden City and south, really don't want anything north of Garden City. Was down there last during the eclipse 3 or 4 years ago and was amazed at how built up MB was and even middle of the week, the traffic was horrible. Last year at this time, there were tons of decent deals to be had down there, now, not so much. Real estate friend that lives down there says its because of all the upper east coast people are moving south to get away from (D) cities. She said 80% of the contracts she's seen are all people from Philly and north.

black dog

Free America
That's where we were. 2nd time vacationing there. Great place. I think I can tolerate their cold better than Maryland cold!😄

My father bought a lot in some community in MB before he retired. When he finely retired he sold it and built on Crystal River in Dunnellin, Florida.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My brother had a house built in NC near Wilmington, just a stone's throw from Myrtle Beach. Beautiful area, great food, great beaches, and not quite as "tourist" as MB.

NextJen

Raisin cane
amazed at how built up MB was
I've been looking off and on for a few years. Looking in earnest now as I'm ready to retire. I have noticed the increase in prices (just like everywhere I guess). LOTS of new construction going on also. I figure when I take up residence down there I will need to time my grocery trips and other errands at o'dark-thirty in the morning to beat the masses.

black dog

Free America
This is a really nice area :yay:

I like it myself, not much on swimming with gators in the river. Loads of great places to eat within 20 miles. When we almost crossed paths one of my sisters was living in Gainsville, I enjoyed visiting and eating the local fair...

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We own a place in NMB and we like that A LOT more than MB. Less commercial build up, more homes vs. high rise condos and little better traffic. We're heading down in a couple of weeks just because we can and I'm ready to see it as the "off season" start up.

CRHS89

Between the political stuff and the increase in work-from-home jobs, I think we will see more and more people moving. All those places that people are running to will be changed.

Reactions: rio