Southern Maryland Bad Drivers

MiddleGround

Two definite truths can come from this new page:

#1 The LEO are NOT going to do anything about people caught on camera and posted to it. This is merely going to be a rage venting page.
#2 Anyone who wonders why there are so many accidents in the area can refer to the idiots caught on film and say "Ok.. now I know!"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Posted by one of the online news sources. "Comment Bad Drivers in Southern MD. Include their license plate, a vehicle pic if possible and what occurred."

Seems a bit irresponsible to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Posted by one of the online news sources. "Comment Bad Drivers in Southern MD. Include their license plate, a vehicle pic if possible and what occurred."

Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. That's why we remove pics of license plates and other identifiers on here - we had a lawyer explain to us that it was just asking for problems.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Seen on 235 today:

MiddleGround

Just out of curiosity... where could one possibly go with a plate number to find any kind of pertinent info on the driver? Seriously?? Unless you are LEO... where can the info be had?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. That's why we remove pics of license plates and other identifiers on here - we had a lawyer explain to us that it was just asking for problems.

That's why I said it is going to be interesting. Train wreck waiting to happen and I'm not sure how long it's going to last. :jerry:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A question - if drivers are occupied filming, taking pictures of and recording all the so-called bad drivers - then how do they have enough concentration left to be a safe driver?
🤔

glhs837

Power with Control
Just out of curiosity... where could one possibly go with a plate number to find any kind of pertinent info on the driver? Seriously?? Unless you are LEO... where can the info be had?

See, there ya go again, with logic and all. We hold no truck with that fancy city logic of yours, paranoia and mob rule, thats the way our Pappies did it, and that's the way our Daddies di it, and thats the way WE'LL do it. Now close up that carpetbag of yours and get back to the rest of your Northern Scum, Mister.

A question - if drivers are occupied filming, taking pictures of and recording all the so-called bad drivers - then how do they have enough concentration left to be a safe driver?
🤔
Well, that's the other side of this... If you're taking pictures while driving, then you're not driving 'handsfree' (no one uses a real camera anymore, so assume it's phone video) and are just as much of a jerk as the person being photographed. The only exception is dash-mounted cams.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
🤔
That is what they are fighting about now when people post "action" shots as it is ILLEGAL to do that with your phone. Dash cam = good, hand-held device = bad.

MiddleGround

See, there ya go again, with logic and all. We hold no truck with that fancy city logic of yours, paranoia and mob rule, thats the way our Pappies did it, and that's the way our Daddies di it, and thats the way WE'LL do it. Now close up that carpetbag of yours and get back to the rest of your Northern Scum, Mister.
You should be safe then.

I'm just pointing out. People seem to be splody about license plate numbers being put up. What are they going to do with it??

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That is what they are fighting about now when people post "action" shots as it is ILLEGAL to do that with your phone. Dash cam = good, hand-held device = bad.

I have so much more to do with my time than to waste it dash-camming while I drive to post it on social media. :lmao: Of course, my commute to work is only about 5 minutes. :jet:

I'm just pointing out. People seem to be splody about license plate numbers being put up. What are they going to do with it??
You'd be surprised how many people will take note of that plate # and actively look for it, and try to catch the 'perp' in another dastardly deed. The time they spend trying to do this is time being distracted from driving. If the plate is not posted, this becomes a non issue.

Also, if someone sees the plate, the 'perp' can become a target for harassment by people that they don't even know, people yelling at you, pulling up behind you in your own driveway.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

See, you're not a big enough psycho. This is the internet, Opie - there are any number of mentally ill sociopaths that roam around it and they come up with all sorts of bizarre ways to track people down that you and I wouldn't think of. It's like the scary people who dox their mortal enemies on FB and Twitter: how would they get a personal identity from a screen name? And yet somehow they do.