Southern Maryland MILLIONAIRE Dan on The Dave Ramsey Show

transporter

Dave Ramsey isn't very bright...Dan isn't either.

Imagine, if you can wrap your tiny brains around it, what this guys net worth would be if he hadn't been so stupid with his use of credit...and invested the money he used to pay his house of early and had invested the money he used to pay for his cars in cash!

If you already have the discipline to live below your means as this guy does, Dave Ramsey, Suze Ormand and all the other debt hawk talking heads are the extremely dangerous.

If you don't have the sensibility to spend less than you earn, Dave Ramsey isn't going to be able to help you.

The winner in all of this, of course, is Dave Ramsey. He gets the vig no matter what as long as you buy his books, videos and tune in!

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
if you can wrap your tiny brains around it
What's with the constant digs and insults? Did you have a rough childhood? With your vitriol, I can't think of one reason I would want to debate you, even if you did present a cogent thought. Unless you're just here to troll (in the true and original sense of the term).

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What's with the constant digs and insults? Did you have a rough childhood? With your vitriol, I can't think of one reason I would want to debate you, even if you did present a cogent thought.
Someone threw away the key to her chastity belt. She gets rubbed all the wrong ways now.

Goldenhawk

Dave Ramsey isn't very bright...Dan isn't either.

Imagine, if you can wrap your tiny brains around it, what this guys net worth would be if he hadn't been so stupid with his use of credit...and invested the money he used to pay his house of early and had invested the money he used to pay for his cars in cash!
Have you ever taken Ramsey's financial planning courses? I suppose not, because if you did you'd know that he preaches what he learned the hard way. He lost EVERYTHING relatively early in his career when he over-invested, and when his loans got "called" it all collapsed. Also, he makes a key point that interest rates on investments are almost always lower than what you pay for loans. You'll end up with MORE money if you pay off loans first, and then invest. Simple stuff, and he backs it up with quite a bit of research and hard math.

Given that his net worth is somewhere north of $60 MILLION dollars, I think he knows what he's talking about.

officeguy

Dave Ramseys advice is geared towards folks who have problems managing the use of credit. It is not the best advice on how to accumulate the highest net worth applicable to every possible investor.

What it does provide however is a high degree of financial independence. Without debt and in a home owned outright, you can ride out bad times with a very low ongoing need for cash. When all the financial wizards who have their home leveraged to the hilt so they can 'play the options' using margin loans get wiped out in the next downturn, the ramseyites will smile and offer them some 'books to read' so they can get themselves out of their predicament.

officeguy

Given that his net worth is somewhere north of $60 MILLION dollars, I think he knows what he's talking about.
He did not make that money by following his own system. He got there by being an enterpreneur and creating a successful universe of interrelated financial products and services.