Southern Maryland Paddlers

mergallo50

We have a Facebook "group" called Southern Maryland Paddlers. Come join us if you are interested in getting together with other kayakers/paddlers in Southern Maryland. Facebook is free and the "group" is open(not restricted)

glhs837

Power with Control
Just went for a paddle with these folks yesterday, and had a great time. We went out from Newtowne Neck Park and hit a few of its beaches cleaning up trash. Good bunch of folks. One couple brought their infant daughter in a tandem. Dad paddled while Mom and baby chilled in back, shaded by a clip on parasol.

Amazing amount of crud removed, a cooler, small fire extinguisher, 8 foot length of rope as thick as my arm, bunch of bottles and other plastic containers. filled the "garbage scow", an empty 10 foot kayak one lady towed behind her.

R

remaxrealtor

Just went for a paddle with these folks yesterday, and had a great time. We went out from Newtowne Neck Park and hit a few of its beaches cleaning up trash. Good bunch of folks. One couple brought their infant daughter in a tandem. Dad paddled while Mom and baby chilled in back, shaded by a clip on parasol.

Amazing amount of crud removed, a cooler, small fire extinguisher, 8 foot length of rope as thick as my arm, bunch of bottles and other plastic containers. filled the "garbage scow", an empty 10 foot kayak one lady towed behind her.

Great work! I'd love to get in on this!

glhs837

Power with Control
Just look on Facebook for Southern Maryland Paddlers. Next paddle is scheduled for a sunset one out at Bushwood Warf for the 17th. Since my only kayaking up to this point had only been with my two kids, I wasnt sure I would enjoy going with a bunch of folks, but I had a blast. A good range of equipment, from my little 9.5 foot Swifty up to a tandem wooden boat that was gorgeous.

Not regimented at all people are all going at their own pace, and you can scoot around talking to different folks, of just cruise in solitude if you want.

R

remaxrealtor

Just look on Facebook for Southern Maryland Paddlers. Next paddle is scheduled for a sunset one out at Bushwood Warf for the 17th. Since my only kayaking up to this point had only been with my two kids, I wasnt sure I would enjoy going with a bunch of folks, but I had a blast. A good range of equipment, from my little 9.5 foot Swifty up to a tandem wooden boat that was gorgeous.

Not regimented at all people are all going at their own pace, and you can scoot around talking to different folks, of just cruise in solitude if you want.

I did the trip out of parkers Creek in Calvert last year and had an awesome time...3 hours and pretty challenging but just beautiful!

acltweb.org

They have a couple scheduled in May.

DEEKAYPEE8569

We have a Facebook "group" called Southern Maryland Paddlers. Come join us if you are interested in getting together with other kayakers/paddlers in Southern Maryland. Facebook is free and the "group" is open(not restricted)

My first thought was a bunch of retired school principals. :snort:

glhs837

Power with Control
Old shop chief of mine woulda called it a "two pe#%%ed goat doing that on a flat rock":) and you need a bailing cup, not a paddle:)