Southern Maryland Quarter Horse Association

mmille2548

SMQHA is having its third meeting of 2009 at Charles County Chamber of Commerce La Plata Md 6:30 pm april 1st come join us. We are always looking for new members ,adults and youth who are interested in the American Quarter Horse and enjoy riding and showing and having fun. We will be discussing our show at the equestrian center on july23-26th

Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
SMQHA is having its first meeting of 2009 at Charles County Chamber of Commerce La Plata Md 6:30 pm Wednesday Jan 14th come join us. We are always looking for new members ,adults and youth who are interested in the American Quarter Horse and enjoy riding and showing and having fun.

Do we already have to be members? and what will be discussed? How does the showing of the SMQHA work?

mmille2548

No you dont have to be a member already, we just had our election in dec and have new officers and we are planning our big show in Upper Marlboro in July, First of all there are shows in Del, Pa, Va and of course Md. When you become a member of the assoc and show at shows that are pointed by SMQHA you recieve points and are eligible for year end awards. This organization has new life and is looking forward to a fun filled show season. If you have any questions you can email me @mmille2548@aol.com. Our show is July 23,24,25,26 we will have open show classes as well as AQHA classes, and thurs the 23rd is just for novice youth and novice amatuers. Come check us out web site is getting updated SMQHA.com Thank you Mark Miller

BlissfulJumper

No you dont have to be a member already, we just had our election in dec and have new officers and we are planning our big show in Upper Marlboro in July, First of all there are shows in Del, Pa, Va and of course Md. When you become a member of the assoc and show at shows that are pointed by SMQHA you recieve points and are eligible for year end awards. This organization has new life and is looking forward to a fun filled show season. If you have any questions you can email me @mmille2548@aol.com. Our show is July 23,24,25,26 we will have open show classes as well as AQHA classes, and thurs the 23rd is just for novice youth and novice amatuers. Come check us out web site is getting updated SMQHA.com Thank you Mark Miller

THank you. Not sure if i can make it to the meeting tomorrow when is the next one? I also heard something about having to point good enough to go to congress? And you go as a team?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SMQHA is having its first meeting of 2009 at Charles County Chamber of Commerce La Plata Md 6:30 pm Wednesday Jan 14th come join us. We are always looking for new members ,adults and youth who are interested in the American Quarter Horse and enjoy riding and showing and having fun.

I've already got the coin!!!

BlissfulJumper

So anyone can go to the Open show classes even if there horse is not a registered QH?

I'm pretty sure. Classes that are open to the public that can't or wish to not point in AQHA will have and astrick by them or say so I would think.

If I remember correctly that's how the herndon show had their prize list. I would talk to D next time you see her.

I looked for the dates and didn't see them. I should be attending depends on dates and if I have the new one.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

Were is the show in July suppose to be held. I heard the Black Eyed Susan Quarter Horse Show is moving to the the Kentucky Horse Park. Is this the show you are talking about or is a different show all together.:howdy:

appaholic

So anyone can go to the Open show classes even if there horse is not a registered QH?

I assume (AND you know what that can mean!) that AQHA is similar to the ApHC and that open classes refers to open to all registered ApHC horses/riders or in this case all registered QH. The open classes at ApHC are mostly dominated by the pros and trainers, because they can not ride in the novice or non-pro/amateur classes. However, sometimes an individual AphC club will sponsor a Open Show which can then be open to the public.
But it would be best to ask a good QH peep, and that should be very easy for you to do! Besides all the barn stuff I miss from where you are boarding, I miss the fire place, coffee, AND FOOD!!!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
But it would be best to ask a good QH peep, and that should be very easy for you to do! Besides all the barn stuff I miss from where you are boarding, I miss the fire place, coffee, AND FOOD!!!

hehe..haven't experienced the above. :1bdz:

I am so confused on the show..oh well..I am sure the QH person can resolve it for me. :1bdz:

BlissfulJumper

Were is the show in July suppose to be held. I heard the Black Eyed Susan Quarter Horse Show is moving to the the Kentucky Horse Park. Is this the show you are talking about or is a different show all together.:howdy:

Last year the Black Eyed Susan was held in Culpepper. and They are two different shows I think well they use to be.

I don't think they would move the B.E.S to the Kentucky horse park because of distance but I could be wrong

C

campinmutt

the black eyed susan is going to be in Lexington VA...not KY....funny BZ!!!... the suntan will have AQHA classes and Open (non AQHA) classes..that is what they do in herndon,Va ao local people can show too, even if they do not have a AQHA reg horse. It will be at the PGEC...yeah, that is Suzi Superstars home turf !!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
the black eyed susan is going to be in Lexington VA...not KY....funny BZ!!!... the suntan will have AQHA classes and Open (non AQHA) classes..that is what they do in herndon,Va ao local people can show too, even if they do not have a AQHA reg horse. It will be at the PGEC...yeah, that is Suzi Superstars home turf !!

:killingme Guess I can blame the craziness on my Mom's goofy friend that was telling her that she gets to show in Lexington, KY. Can't believe everything you hear. :whistle:

BlissfulJumper

:howdy: That's what I meant. I thought they had classes for non AQHA peeps. Do you show AQHA?

C

campinmutt

when my pocket book will allow...I try to stay close to home

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

Yeah than we can show if we want to. He is not registered with the AQHA but has the QH rear. :whistle: