Southpaw...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...is my band, at least until we change the name. LOL

Latest toon; Rolling Thunder It's supposed to give off a bad ass Harley coming over a ridge into view, then followed by 1,000's of bikes. US flag, POW/MIA, leather, denim, long hair, #### you, just that core riding, freedom thing. At least that's what was inspiring me when I wrote the thing. Please excuse the leads. I have this awful tendency to think while I'm playing which is great for what I might want to do next time, to settle on and get tight but, sounds like ass as I slog along. This was like take 2. Maybe 3? :stupid:

http://www.bandmix.com/larry1030949/

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Crusaders tonight! https://www.facebook.com/CrusadersSportsBar

We're the "...as well as a band..." for open jam tonight! Bo Heck is one kewl dude and looks the 'been there done that, many times' rock star and can sing and play his ass off.

This will be our first public gig so, if you've got nothing better to do than get off work, drive 5-6 hours round trip, get home no later than 3 to be up at 5, come on out!

This is a BYORP event, bring your own rotten produce, but, if you don't have any, I'm sure we can come up with something! Love to see everybody, bring the kids! If you play something or can sing, bring it on! Gear will be there. What we lack in talent and precision we make up for in shear mother####ing volume!!!!

:larry:

Shutout

Crusaders tonight! https://www.facebook.com/CrusadersSportsBar

We're the "...as well as a band..." for open jam tonight! Bo Heck is one kewl dude and looks the 'been there done that, many times' rock star and can sing and play his ass off.

This will be our first public gig so, if you've got nothing better to do than get off work, drive 5-6 hours round trip, get home no later than 3 to be up at 5, come on out!

This is a BYORP event, bring your own rotten produce, but, if you don't have any, I'm sure we can come up with something! Love to see everybody, bring the kids! If you play something or can sing, bring it on! Gear will be there. What we lack in talent and precision we make up for in shear mother####ing volume!!!!

:larry:
That isn't far at from where I live. Wish I had read this earlier.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
New song up! Please excuse the SLOP. This thing was TOUGH to learn as it has NOT normal time signature (normal for a redneck like me) So, this was take 2 or 3 yesterday so, it's not cleaned up yet and I was making up the leads out of my very limited repertoire.

http://www.bandmix.com/larry1030949/

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your best one yet.

Remind me I owe you a beer. :buddies:

Wrote that one in about 30 minutes, me and bass player. Drummer showed up, had it down and pretty much set in 2 hours total. The opening bit is a lullabye I wrote for my daughters over 20 year s ago. Fun to play

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Home recording? Really tough to get a good and balanced sound.
Like the arrangement but there's a thin sound about it.
You- bring the lows up and drive it a bit more.
Bass- less high end. Turn the treble down on that bass.
Drums- too stiff feeling. He needs to relax a little bit.
Are you using a compressor in the final mix?
If you could fill the overall low end sound in a bit it would make big difference.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Home recording? Really tough to get a good and balanced sound.
Like the arrangement but there's a thin sound about it.
You- bring the lows up and drive it a bit more.
Bass- less high end. Turn the treble down on that bass.
Drums- too stiff feeling. He needs to relax a little bit.
Are you using a compressor in the final mix?
If you could fill the overall low end sound in a bit it would make big difference.

Thank you!

bargain basement; We do it with a little 4 channel interface into a hand held MP3 recorder. Mic guitar, SM57, bass DI, mic on kick (not sure what it is) and another one, SM58, over head to pick up everything else. As best w can. :lol:

Interesting how it comes out as I am playing through an old HiWatt 4/12 that is bass-y as hell live.

Thanks for taking the time! :buddies:

Shutout

Remind me I owe you a beer. :buddies:

Wrote that one in about 30 minutes, me and bass player. Drummer showed up, had it down and pretty much set in 2 hours total. The opening bit is a lullabye I wrote for my daughters over 20 year s ago. Fun to play
I keep it simple. Miller High Life, Rolling Rock or PBR. If you play near New Market or Frederick I am sure I will run into you. Keep on playing!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We wrote Sandstorm this past Saturday AM. The 'eastern' part, I wrote some 25-30 years ago. It was nice to find a place for it. This is also the first tune we've done that I wrote with my Les Paul. Everything else has been a Strat. The odd thing about this is Stats have always been a back up for me and I've been primarily a double humbucker guy from day 1 but went with single coils for Southpaw as my thinking was it is more accessible and familiar, less off putting for folks in general than the 'metal-ee' Paul tone. I was VERY pleased that the guys MUCH prefer the sound of the Paul. This opens up a enormous reservoir of my playing and more native styles. This is our most complex song to date and the easiest one for me to be 'on top off' right away because it is more my native style I've been working at for 34 years. The solo's are easily the most interesting and expansive yet were effortless as they are in my wheel house.

Curious what y'all think of it. :buddies: