SpaceX salvaging at least parts of the Super Heavy booster from Flight Four.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unsure why, they've not gone after Flights 1-3. Perhaps this might have to do with the FAAs decision to make the changes for Flight Five (slightly longer downrange splash point for the Booster and hotstage ring) force a whole new Fisheries review, effectively pushing Flight Five back until the end of November, when the hardware is ready to go in less than a week. And Flight Six's hardware will be ready in weeks. Part of the recent spate of administrative "attacks" on what the administration views as the "Rogue Billionaire"? Or does the FAA really think that the booster and ring splashing down 5 miles further in the Gulf will really change. Oddly enough, SpaceX says that previously the FAA had said that they could expect the approval towards the end of September.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
J. Christina is lambasting the FAA for their postponements and fines.

I get the impression that the FAA is somehow trying to slow down the progress of Space-X, not sure why. Maybe some tie between the FAA and Boeing, and an attempt to make Boeing not look so defeated.

glhs837

Power with Control
Less about Blue Origin/Boeing than I think Musks backing of Trump and continued operation of Twitter, I think.

Reactions: TPD