Spam Calls

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:.puttingontinfoilhat:
Not a rant, just an observation. As a rule, I don't get a lot of spam calls on my cell. However, in the past few months when I do, they are almost always from the same places: Oregon, Washington state and Minnesota. High unrest hot spots. If I were to get all conspiracy theory about it, I'd say these spam calls are trying to help fund the continuing riots in the same states.

Ok, back to watching youtube vids...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had a flurry of them a couple of days ago from Rochester, NY. Usually telling me my Apple cloud has been compromised. Not today Satan!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

stgislander

PREMO Member
We get calls here at the office about a problem with our Google business listing. I told them to call back after Gilligan returns from lunch. :lol:

gemma_rae

We get calls here at the office about a problem with our Google business listing. I told them to call back after Gilligan returns from lunch. :lol:
Please tell me you actually refer to him as Gilligan on the call.:lol:

Ring, Ring:

stg: Hello

caller: Hi, this is Google and there's a problem with your listing.

stg: Sorry, the Skipper is off today but Gilligan will be back from lunch in a few minutes.

caller: Huh?:roflmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Please tell me you actually refer to him as Gilligan on the call.:lol:

Ring, Ring:

stg: Hello

caller: Hi, this is Google and there's a problem with your listing.

stg: Sorry, the Skipper is off today but Gilligan will be back from lunch in a few minutes.

caller: Huh?:roflmao:
What's scary is they ask for him by his real first name.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Last month I did an online order for local Chinese pickup. Had to enter your name and phone #.

One day later I start getting texts about offers in Hollywood MD, California, MD, then they started getting more obscure and more spam-like. Now I get one every day, just got one as a matter of fact..., for blue pills and someone trying to get a hold of me for a FedEx delivery. And they all call me by name and turn on read-reply. Can't block them, every single text has a different phone number. Thought about a text blocker app, but I'm as leery of those as I am about the spammers.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Return their texts with inappropriate pictures and messages.
It's all bots, no one actually reads it. And once they get a reply, they know it's a 'good' number and your number gets propagated. Not a good idea to reply to these ever, no matter how frustrating. I can catch the read-reply and suppress it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Google calls my store about once a month. I tell them I just updated my listing, they look and say OK, we'll take you off the call list.
One month later...