Spam

willie

How can you keep from getting spam that isn't addressed to you? The various addresses aren't even close. Comcast is no help although it seems to me that they should be the one to prevent this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
Comcast is no help although it seems to me that they should be the one to prevent this.
They not only should be the ones that prevent it, but they definitely have a vested interest since that crap eats a lot of bandwidth.

If you're using Outlook, go into your Tools->Rules and Alerts and make a rule that if it's not addressed to you, it gets deleted.

willie

vraiblonde said:
They not only should be the ones that prevent it, but they definitely have a vested interest since that crap eats a lot of bandwidth.

If you're using Outlook, go into your Tools->Rules and Alerts and make a rule that if it's not addressed to you, it gets deleted.
The last guy I complained to at Comcast actually said that the spammers were smarter than they (Comcast) were. Usually they just try to snow me with a bunch of technical stuff that has nothing to do with the problem.

Symantec will dump it first into the spam folder but then I have to mess with it twice, once out of the spam folder and then selectively permanently delete it from the deleted folder.

I might try going up the chain of command at Comcast but everytime I deal with them, I get heartburn.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
The last guy I complained to at Comcast actually said that the spammers were smarter than they (Comcast) were.
Oh bull. If we can batten down our hatches, they CERTAINLY can. I used to get 6 bazillion pieces of junk mail every single day until David moved us over to this new email system - now I might get one or two. I don't even have to set up filters in my McAfee or Outlook.

Do you want a gmail account? I've got 99 of them to give away and they filter junk. PM me with your email address and I'll send you an invitation. You can set it up as a POP in your Outlook or whatever you use for email.

willie

vraiblonde said:
Oh bull. If we can batten down our hatches, they CERTAINLY can. I used to get 6 bazillion pieces of junk mail every single day until David moved us over to this new email system - now I might get one or two. I don't even have to set up filters in my McAfee or Outlook.

Do you want a gmail account? I've got 99 of them to give away and they filter junk. PM me with your email address and I'll send you an invitation. You can set it up as a POP in your Outlook or whatever you use for email.

I'm going to spend a good hunk of time today harassing Comcast and if it's lost time I may take you up on that. I only wanted to change addresses as a last resort.