Spanx

camily

Peace
Hoda and Kathie Lee talk about them so much I've looked into them. They seem great. I'm thinking of getting a cami and possible a bra but wanted to get some feedback first.
Who sells them?
Anyone have any?

K

kris31280

Hoda and Kathie Lee talk about them so much I've looked into them. They seem great. I'm thinking of getting a cami and possible a bra but wanted to get some feedback first.
Who sells them?
Anyone have any?
I have a pair and they're crap... seriously... it did nothing but make me feel like I was wearing a body stocking. It felt awkward and it kept slipping down so I had to keep pulling it up and readjusting all night.

The cami and bra might not be as bad though.

camily

Peace
I have a pair and they're crap... seriously... it did nothing but make me feel like I was wearing a body stocking. It felt awkward and it kept slipping down so I had to keep pulling it up and readjusting all night.

That's dissapointing. Thanks for the help though.

lovinmaryland

Who sells them?
Anyone have any?
I got some at Target (not the full body thing just the slimming underware) and they worked great! I mean it doesnt take off 20 pounds or anything but it just slims and smooths everything out. The ones they sell at Target are not Spanx but they are made by the same people just a differnt name (they were basically 50% cheaper than Spanx as well)

camily

Peace
I got some at Target (not the full body thing just the slimming underware) and they worked great! I mean it doesnt take off 20 pounds or anything but it just slims and smooths everything out. The ones they sell at Target are not Spanx but they are made by the same people just a differnt name (they were basically 50% cheaper than Spanx as well)

What is the name? Is it Flexies or something like that?

lovinmaryland

What is the name? Is it Flexies or something like that?

No. I cant remember but they are in the pantyhose/sock section. I think I got it for $10 a total deal. I use them if I am wearing a form fitting dress and they work out great. You should go pick up a pair and try them out.:yay:

WidowLady06

lost in the numbers
I have a pair of Spanx and I use them only for special occasions. They are a pain in the A$$ to wriggle into. Once on they do work the way they're supposed to. Unfortunately I don't think they were meant for people who move and twist (like in getting children in/out of cars) because they do roll down a bit after wrangling around.

IMO, get a pair. It's always nice to have the backup around when you have a special occasion and want to look your best. Just don't expect miracles.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I have the slimming undies, they're like biker shorts. They are a PIA and uncomfortable too. Yeah they do smooth things out but I don't like feeling like I'm wearing extra clothes :ohwell:

N

nitwhit3286

I have seen something similar in the paid programming ads. I mean, if they looked sexy. but they don't. Its probably not much fun to wear it either. Looks like you are in a nylon cast. :(

nicole_M

I got a pair from Lane Bryant at the mall... The ones I got were like $50. Then I went to Target and saw the ones that the same designer makes but for about 1/2 of the price. The Target ones are called Asset.

You should know that I can def. see a difference in the Spanx and the Assests. Obviously, you usually get what you pay for... I just think the Spanx work better.

It just smooths everything out. I have worn them a handful of times. I don't feel suffocated or anything by them. Also, Lane Bryant only carries the larger sizes - C and up. I really could have used a B but decided I did not want it to be too tight. The C ended up being perfect. I am not sure who sells the smaller [B and below] sizes.

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
Who sells them?
Anyone have any?

Walmart had something like those in by the pantyhose section at the very bottom of the wall display. I think they were made by Hanes. There was a whole bottom row of them on clearance. Just an idea if you want to try out the cheaper one before spending a bunch of money on something that will just sit in a drawer.

Last edited:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Well, maybe if you didn't try to stuff too much fat into too small undies, they might fit right. :duh:

bren914

I love my spanx! I got mine at Lane Bryant but you can order them online. They do exactly what they advertise they will, nothing more. When you have something form fitting on, the will make your body look smoother.