Speaking of Evacuatiions...

Ponytail

Not naming names, but one of the idiots here that I have to work with was spouting off a little while ago about hearing on the radio that St. Mary's County is talking about evacuation.

Now, the only radio that he listens to in the office is CNN. I highly doubt that anyone at CNN even knows that there is any land in Maryland south of Annapolis.

I don't know what he did for lunch, so I'm giving hime the benefit of the doubt for now.

Anybody else know anything about it? Or is he full of ear wax again? :confused:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ponytail
Not naming names, but one of the idiots here that I have to work with was spouting off a little while ago about hearing on the radio that St. Mary's County is talking about evacuation.

Now, the only radio that he listens to in the office is CNN. I highly doubt that anyone at CNN even knows that there is any land in Maryland south of Annapolis.

I don't know what he did for lunch, so I'm giving hime the benefit of the doubt for now.

Anybody else know anything about it? Or is he full of ear wax again? :confused:
True story, I heard it from T-Boner & Heafher.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ponytail
J.D. again?

nomoney

Originally posted by DoWhat
I heard that the base is shutting down.

No, that decision hasn't been made yet at all. The big wigs are still discussing that ; and one of them is out of the office until later in the afternoon. Decision can't be made without him being included. However, the navy yard is closed at noon today; re-opening on monday, Langley Air force base is urging employees to evacuate, and Norfolk(base) is advising everyone to evacuate except emergency personel, etc.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is it stormy looking down there? Because it's absolutely gorgeous up here. Not a cloud in the sky, about 80 degrees. Larry's getting ready to cut out and play golf.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Sooooo, who's leaving the area before the storm arrives? :confused:

I'm staying put. I believe I have enough beer and toilet paper to ride this one out. :cheers:

Ya know, I think somd online should give out a prize for the very last person to post before we're all flattened. :wink:

SeaRide

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Is it stormy looking down there? Because it's absolutely gorgeous up here. Not a cloud in the sky, about 80 degrees. Larry's getting ready to cut out and play golf.

Not yet .. not here at the base at Pax River. Still sunny and nice. Clear sky.

nomoney

Originally posted by Christy

I'm staying put. I believe I have enough beer and toilet paper to ride this one out. :cheers:

Ya know, I think somd online should give out a prize for the very last person to post before we're all flattened. :wink:

Shoot! I forgot extra toilet paper!!!!!:bawl:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'll be online until the main power cuts out. I won't waste the generator on the computer since right now I have the frig, one or two rooms to power, TV/radio and the wife's fish tank to keep going.

Elle

Happy Camper!

Don't know if it's considered leaving but tonight we are heading to the FH, I don't want to have to fight weather and traffic tomorrow to get there.

Ponytail

Well, we haven't been given word yet, as to what the base is doing. Lots of speculation, and at this point, it's not really hard to figure out.

But right now, I'm heading to Philly this evening. I have wedding on Saturday, and this is a good opportunity for me to get some work done on my mom's house, as long as the power stays on.

If however they tell me that the base will be open tomorrow, and that I am to report, I will be here for the entire storm, at least until Friday night or early Saturday Morning. I HIGHLY doubt though that the base will be open at all on Friday. Thursday is still questionable though.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm leaving in the am with my dawg and we are checking into a hotel across from work. Are ya'll saying I should check in tonight?

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Ken King
I'll be online until the main power cuts out.

I'm wondering what goes first, the power or the cable. My bet's on the cable, so I'll be offline when that happens. :bawl:

Elle

Happy Camper!
I'm wondering what goes first, the power or the cable. My bet's on the cable, so I'll be offline when that happens. :bawl:

Darn, you won't get your prize!