Spears is pregnant

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I will never forget a conversation I had with a friend when we were in 7th grade. She said she guessed she'd be done with school and married in the next year, hopefully expecting her first baby. I was shocked, she would only be 13!! But she explained her mother was 13 when she got married and so was her grandmother. Luckily with the change in the times and friends with goals, she stayed in school, graduated, got into physical therapy work and didn't get married until she was almost 30 (an old maid in her family).

W

wkndbeacher

I must be older than the rest of you. This is nothing new , I can show you families here in St. Mary's that are just as bad or worse and they arent rich.

It sometimes happens in"good" families. Once a girl turns a certains age parents are only a slight impediment to the urges that come upon them. Hopefully a good basic knowledge of the sex act and its dangers keep them from engaging in it or at least teach them to use a good birth control,but we should all remember, there but for te "Grace of God" goes us. How many women in these forums had sex at or before the age of sixteen? How many men? The percentage is up there so look in the mirror before you condemn.

I was 18 as well though many opportunities, decided to wait for the right time that felt right.

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, ladies, can we safely say that Jamie Lynn Spears isn't going to be marrying her bebe daddy and settling down to raise a family?

Celebrities are different than us. Most of us, if our 16 year old daughter came home and announced she was moving in with her boyfriend, we'd shave her head for her (haha! An inadvertent Britney joke!). Mama Spears doesn't appear to have those sort of qualms, the way she's pushed those girls into the limelight and encouraged young Britney to take her clothes off for money.

Of course they seem wholesome and normal in interviews - anyone can seem sane when all they have to do is spew bullcrap to the willing media. Shoot, Hillary Clinton wrote a book describing sweet little domestic scenes of her making breakfast for Bill and making sure he bundled up before he went out on the cold. You can't believe the PR these people put out.

That's why I scoff at celebrity worship, because those people are insane and definitely NOT role-models.

sockgirl77

I'm not at all saying that there's anything right with this situation but there's nothing right with the Spears family. However, I can remember dating a senior while I was a freshmen in HS. If we had stayed together I would have been 16 when he was 19. Why is that part so shocking? None of this is shocking to me. Nor is it newsworthy. The whole family is trash. I listened to 99.5's view on it this morning and cracked up. I am apalled by Nickelodeon's decision to keep her onboard. My 8 year old neice watches Nickelodeon and I do not want her idolizing a knocked up teen. :rolleyes:

W

wkndbeacher

I'm not at all saying that there's anything right with this situation but there's nothing right with the Spears family. However, I can remember dating a senior while I was a freshmen in HS. If we had stayed together I would have been 16 when he was 19. Why is that part so shocking? None of this is shocking to me. Nor is it newsworthy. The whole family is trash. I listened to 99.5's view on it this morning and cracked up. I am apalled by Nickelodeon's decision to keep her onboard. My 8 year old neice watches Nickelodeon and I do not want her idolizing a knocked up teen. :rolleyes:

At least she doesnt have nekkid pics of her floating around of her like that girl from High School Music that my kids like so much

I'm gonna guess that she will be losing that lucrative Disney deal now.... she no longer fits the classic "Disney Good Girl" image they want representing them.

There was another post a while back about her sister, and in that thread I mentioned Jamie, and how I really hoped she didn't follow in big sister's footsteps. Too bad...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, I really really hope that Miley Cyrus is the nice, normal girl she portrays herself to be. :ohwell:

W

wkndbeacher

I hope so too. I know several little girls who totally idolize her. So far I have not see Mr. Achy Breaky over expose her. :yay:

I hope so to! My oldest daughter loves her show. We didnt know til last night shes dating one of the Jonas brothers.

Toxick

Splat
How many women in these forums had sex at or before the age of sixteen? How many men? The percentage is up there so look in the mirror before you condemn.

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I remained celebate until I was married and had kids.

T

toppick08

I understand your point Mouse. But in reality if we go back in our own families, we could probably see a lot of our relatives having kids very early in life. Now granted most were married, but some not. It's nothing new, but the fact as you stated is people need to accept the responsibility of their actions and do the best they can. :howdy:

:diva::diva::diva: :bigwhoop:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I remained celebate until I was married and had kids.
:confused: Um, yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I knew lots of people growing up who stayed celibate until they were married or at least well into their 20's. I don't think resigning ourselves to teenage sex is the right answer. As parents we need to make sure they know the consequences of their behavior and make sure they know how limited their options for the future become once they have a child.

foodcritic

:confused: Um, yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I knew lots of people growing up who stayed celibate until they were married or at least well into their 20's. I don't think resigning ourselves to teenage sex is the right answer. As parents we need to make sure they know the consequences of their behavior and make sure they know how limited their options for the future become once they have a child.

I wished I had saved myself for my husband. I was not as young as 16 but was still in high school when I lost my virginity. I will definitly talk honestly with my daughters about not only the physical consequences but about the emotional ones as well. How many of us can say we married the first guy we slept with? As women we give up so much of ourselves emotionally when we have sex that we really lose a part of ourselves that we can never get back. I regret giving away myself in relationships that I knew were never go to lead anywhere. Especially with some of the losers I dated. I honestly think that Jamie Spears mother never talked to her girls and only saw dollar signs. But on the other hand I can't believe that teenages are so naive these days to think that if you have unprotected sex you won't get pregnant. Even I knew that.

Toxick

Splat
As women we give up so much of ourselves emotionally when we have sex that we really lose a part of ourselves that we can never get back.

So you see a penis as a vile proboscis which sucks out a piece of your soul through your bergina and digests it in an unholy expression of savage acrimony?