Speed tables on base all gone?

glhs837

Power with Control
I knew the ones coming in Gate 3 near the rotary were gone. Which made senses because the only thing they did was make people heading south to the hangars and 2187 go through the rotary instead.. Annoyed the hell out of me since I need to head north and they clogged up my rotary.... :) But now I'm hearing they are all gone? Oh happy day!!!!!

Homer J

Power Chord
Not all. There are still a couple by base security. They took the one by the base theater out, as well as the two by 2272. I haven't been down past VX-1/VX-20 yet, to see if they are still there. Now, if they would fix the speed limits and get back to some more reasonable gate schedules, we'll be good.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not all. There are still a couple by base security. They took the one by the base theater out, as well as the two by 2272. I haven't been down past VX-1/VX-20 yet, to see if they are still there. Now, if they would fix the speed limits and get back to some more reasonable gate schedules, we'll be good.

Yeah, pretty sure we've not lost anyone to speeding drivers since I got here in 93. And I'll be injuries are less than 10 over that time. Does anyone know if the former CO was by chance a hardcore cyclist?

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Wonder if they will take out all the speed bumps at gate one? I'd rather have the zigzag barriers back than beat the suspension to death twice a day in my truck.

Homer J

Power Chord
Yeah, pretty sure we've not lost anyone to speeding drivers since I got here in 93. And I'll be injuries are less than 10 over that time. Does anyone know if the former CO was by chance a hardcore cyclist?
No, he was just a dick.

glhs837

Power with Control
No, he was just a dick.
Understand Mr Rogers GIF

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I haven't been on PAX for almost 10 years now. I had to look up what a speed table was. I don't miss it at all, after having spent 30 years fighting traffic daily.

glhs837

Power with Control
I haven't been on PAX for almost 10 years now. I had to look up what a speed table was. I don't miss it at all, after having spent 30 years fighting traffic daily.

Almost as bad as that was a 10mph reduction in almost every speed limit on base. The Gold Coast at 35mph is like a gulag sentence....

PeoplesElbow

Just a really wide, poorly designed speed bump. I kept saying wait till we have an admiral with a Corvette tear out his oil pan and they will go away.

TPD

the poor dad
The snow removal contracts had to be rewritten because of those damn speed bumps. It costs the government a whole lot more for snow removal because of those speed humps, not that the government really gives a sh!t when it comes to spending my tax dollars.

PeoplesElbow

The snow removal contracts had to be rewritten because of those damn speed bumps. It costs the government a whole lot more for snow removal because of those speed humps, not that the government really gives a sh!t when it comes to spending my tax dollars.
They should have billed Kingsley for the extra and the cost for removal.

PeoplesElbow

Was he the same prick that wanted all of the mowers and fork trucks to be tagged, even if they were only crossing the road to get to the other side?
Not sure, but he sure wanted to put his signature on things. He probably still thinks getting the speed limit lowered and the speed bumps in was an accomplishment.