Speeding ticket

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
baileydog said:
Im sorry but I think Pixie may be wrong. You might want to call them in Va. to check.

I've had 3 tickets in VA, 2 speeding and 1 reckless driving (25+ over the speed limit). I'm well versed. Never have any of the "points" transfered over. The reason is VA asses points at a higher rate. Example, 0-9 over here would be 1 point, in VA it may be 3. In VA you can take a driver improvement course to get points taken off your record. In MD you can't. MD, DC and VA do have it set up if you get suspended or revoked in one state you can't just hop state lines to get another license.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Maybe, but my boss hold a cdl license and he got a 3 pt ticket in Va a few yrs back and he drove over to Va to do traffic school to avoid the points. Maybe its different with a cdl

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
baileydog said:
Maybe, but my boss hold a cdl license and he got a 3 pt ticket in Va a few yrs back and he drove over to Va to do traffic school to avoid the points. Maybe its different with a cdl

Or maybe he's not that bright. :lol: Are you sure it was to avoid the points and not the fine? If you're ticketed in VA you can attend driver improvement classes to avoid the fine, I think.