speeding

Pete

Repete
fastcrazy said:
I think you are very correct..im gonna definately try and get a lawyer
That seems to be the safest option...

The DMV in VA says points are transferred ..but i have heard that as it is a 2 point offence in MD and 4 point offence in VA and due to the different system followed points are not transferred...as im not sure and this is hearsay I cant see myself taking this risk ...

Does any of you know some local traffic lawyer in washington cnty MD/ Hagerstown area that you can refer ?
Youbeewalkin and Toobadforyou Esq.
Attorney's at Law, specializing in taking your cash.
8455 Slow the Eff Down Boulevard, Hagerstown, MD 20434.

Toll free 1-888-Dumbass

D

dems4me

Pete said:
Youbeewalkin and Toobadforyou Esq.
Attorney's at Law, specializing in taking your cash.
8455 Slow the Eff Down Boulevard, Hagerstown, MD 20434.

Toll free 1-888-Dumbass

:killingme:

somd whisper

fastcrazy said:
I got the ticket in Washington County, MD... as of now i have -8 on my VA license..

Actually my dad was in the car with me , and it was 2am ....we needed to rush home to get his medicine...the cop said call an ambulance if he needs to rush home....but as hes here as a tourist and dosent have insurance we didnt want to call an ambulance...

i feel i have a genuine case ..dunno if the court will agree to this...

I know going the speed limit may not appeal to everyone but going almost 20 miles over the posted speed limit to get medicine at 2:00 am??

What about the other speeding offenses you have? If you have so many points against you why would you risk it?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
fastcrazy said:
I got a speeding ticket for driving 84mph in a 65mph zone in MD.
Is it just a coincidence that you were 19 over, or did the police officer knock it down to avoid you getting a reckless driving charge? If that's the case, I'd suck it up and pay, he or she did you a huge favor. Actually, regardless of the case, if it were me, I'd suck it up and pay. I've had one speeding ticket (when I was 17). My parents made me pay the fine...no community service. To date I haven't had a ticket, or so much as a warning since. Maybe you should take this experience, and all the others collectively, and learn from it.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Points transfer..your only hope is a lawyer and take it to court and beg for mercy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
Don't bother. Talk to a lawyer first. If the lawyer suggests it, then go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time if I were you for fear of showing an admission to guilt and expecting leniency. NEVER try to fight ANY ticket without representation. Alot of lawyers that do this stuff already have certain things worked out with the judge. If you show up without representation, you open yourself up to steppin on your pee-pee.

I did once and I won.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
So did I. But I didn't already have a bad record. That's what got mine dismissed: I was 32 and never had a ticket.

The cop that issued the ticket was in court. Just not the one that supposedly 'spotted' me wasn't.

MMDad

Lem Putt
RoseRed said:
The cop that issued the ticket was in court. Just not the one that supposedly 'spotted' me wasn't.
:killingme

Both of my cops were there, but Judge Raley seems to have sympathy for people who dress right, show respect, and have a coherent argument.

He sure didn't show any mercy to people wearing dirty T-shirts, or the guy that said "Look dude", or the girl who said "everybody does it!"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
:killingme

Both of my cops were there, but Judge Raley seems to have sympathy for people who dress right, show respect, and have a coherent argument.

He sure didn't show any mercy to people wearing dirty T-shirts, or the guy that said "Look dude", or the girl who said "everybody does it!"

I dressed respectfully in a business suit and in front of Judge Raley as well. They guy called before was charged with the same offense and pleaded not guilty, but gave the excuse that he was running late for a Dr. appt. in Waldorf :rolleyes: Got reamed by the Judge. GUILTY.

I was called. How do you plead? Not guilty your honor. Have a seat. Dismissed. Thank you, have a nice day.