Spiders?

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
Are you wondering what professionals use to kill spiders in Southern Maryland? A guide to learn how to professionally spider-proof your home...
Click to find out more!

SPIDER-FP.jpg

HemiHauler

Spiders are incredibly beneficial, especially in the house. They are natural predators and eat flies, mosquitoes -- both of which are arguably more harmful to humans than are spiders -- as well as other household pests.

If you *really* feel you must rid your house of spiders, just catch them in a jar and release them.

People need to stop being squeamish about every little thing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Spreading diatomaceous earth around the house perimeter will definitely keep most of the bugs out and not a chemical. Used it around the place in Leonardtown and it worked great.

Just be careful with it, not to raise a dust cloud, as it's still an irritant to eyes, nose and lungs.

phreddyp

Spiders are incredibly beneficial, especially in the house. They are natural predators and eat flies, mosquitoes -- both of which are arguably more harmful to humans than are spiders -- as well as other household pests.

If you *really* feel you must rid your house of spiders, just catch them in a jar and release them.

People need to stop being squeamish about every little thing.
I'm surprised a spider hasn't eaten YOU yet !

SamSpade

I leave them alone OUTSIDE my house. Years ago, I bought a new house only to find that my yard was freaking FILLED with spider webs, and I spent an afternoon killing them off - only to find a substantial UPTICK of new bugs entering my home. So I leave them be.

INSIDE my home is another matter. I don't have much for them to eat inside my home, and they've taken to taking little chunks out of US. I've been bitten by spiders IN my home more times than I care to remember.

Nope - same for rodents and other pests - you're fine with me if you stay OUT THERE. My shed, my garden, even my porch. Fine with me.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Years ago, I bought a new house only to find that my yard was freaking FILLED with spider webs, and I spent an afternoon killing them off - only to find a substantial UPTICK of new bugs entering my home. So I leave them be.
Interesting you say that... I have a contract with a local bug company, and they keep asking if they should treat the garage for spiders. On one occasion, I was noticing a few more than usual, so I had them treat. The number of spiders and webs in the garage increased dramatically. Thought it was my imagination. Had it done again a few months later, and same thing. Noticeable increase in spiders and webs. I don't treat for spiders anymore.

SamSpade

Interesting you say that... I have a contract with a local bug company, and they keep asking if they should treat the garage for spiders. On one occasion, I was noticing a few more than usual, so I had them treat. The number of spiders and webs in the garage increased dramatically. Thought it was my imagination. Had it done again a few months later, and same thing. Noticeable increase in spiders and webs. I don't treat for spiders anymore.
Maybe he misunderstood you, and thought you meant to GIVE THEM a treat.

So they spread the word.