Sporthorse Sale?

HiddenOaksFarm

Does anyone know of a local auction for sporthorses? More of an upperclass sale, not looking for a "farmers market sale". I have a talented Warmblood x mare looking to take to auction. I was not sure when the next one would be or where one would be located. I have heard a few people taking them to sales has turned out well. The market is dead right now but I thought this wold be another oppurtuinty to try and sell. Selling has become more of a hassle than its worth.. I have had nothing but had luck dealing with "buyers" looking for the "perfect horse" Does such a thing even exist?? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fredsaid2

Have her very well schooled before the auction and in good shape, i.e. start working w/ her now. Little things can turn off a potential buyer with so many horses to look at that day.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Does anyone know of a local auction for sporthorses? More of an upperclass sale, not looking for a "farmers market sale". I have a talented Warmblood x mare looking to take to auction. I was not sure when the next one would be or where one would be located. I have heard a few people taking them to sales has turned out well. The market is dead right now but I thought this wold be another oppurtuinty to try and sell. Selling has become more of a hassle than its worth.. I have had nothing but had luck dealing with "buyers" looking for the "perfect horse" Does such a thing even exist?? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So, is this talented warmblood x mare the same as the just-started-dressage TB mare you're selling for $3500? If so, I'm not sure she's in the same league as the horses that will be at that auction. I have some auction preview ads you can see if you'd like. They have $$$$ horses going at these auctions.

If this is the same mare you can try listing her in the equiery, place an ad on the board at Loveville Leather, Dream Horse and equine.com.

Best of luck.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Those auction people mostly move high priced horses. They do the congress super sale and many regionals sales for us, AQHA people. Also, DO NOT take a lame horse there and try and confide it. THEY will find out and come back at you! These are professional auctioneers that have a good name and don't sell to the wrong people. They believe in the tell all policy and if your horse doesn't sell then oh well.

fredsaid2

Those auction people mostly move high priced horses.

Not really, at the March sporthorse sale the average price was just under 2k with the highest sale at $15,800. That was for the auction at Morven Park. I looked at the Prof Auction website and saw the 09 Eastern Mid Winter sale (QH & Paints) had a slightly higher average and a lower high sale. The mare the OP has would be fine at the sale if she worked with her from now until the auction, and if she was willing to let her go for that average price. Sounds like it might be her best bet to get the mare finally sold.

HiddenOaksFarm

So, is this talented warmblood x mare the same as the just-started-dressage TB mare you're selling for $3500? If so, I'm not sure she's in the same league as the horses that will be at that auction. I have some auction preview ads you can see if you'd like. They have $$$$ horses going at these auctions.

If this is the same mare you can try listing her in the equiery, place an ad on the board at Loveville Leather, Dream Horse and equine.com.

Best of luck.

This is a Warmblood mare I have for sale. The other I was listing was a Reg.TB mare. She was started in dressage. Took her to her first show and it went so well that I have decided to keep her. The Warmblood is a completey different horse. She has had Prof. training. Been shown all over MD. Endless possibilities for her. Not advertising her just trying to clairfy she is not the same horse as my TB.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
This is a Warmblood mare I have for sale. The other I was listing was a Reg.TB mare. She was started in dressage. Took her to her first show and it went so well that I have decided to keep her. The Warmblood is a completey different horse. She has had Prof. training. Been shown all over MD. Endless possibilities for her. Not advertising her just trying to clairfy she is not the same horse as my TB.

I think it's ok to post moreninformation if it's requested. Because this is not the TB I may know someone and would be happy to spread the word. But if you don't want to post more details here could you pm them to me?

Has she shown PVDA? If so I may have seen her out at some of the shows!