Spotify

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So this is about Music, but it's also about the online site, and the app 🤔 So I posted it here in technology.

From the other forum:
also there is the Premium Family plan as well up to 6 people $ 20 month

If you're talking about previously purchased music, there shouldn't be much difficultly in loading that music on a different device. The recording industry agreed quite a while back to allow Apple and others to take the DRM off of the music they sold. If the files are really old, they could possibly be DRMed. But a new download of the files should be clean and can be moved around and used on any device.

And if they are a student, the streaming services offer pretty inexpensive plans for students - typically $5/month. Also, you should be able to incorporate the purchased music files in the Spotify app with whatever music would be streamed from Spotify. So even if Spotify doesn't have something, they can pretty seamlessly use their copy.

I will need to look more into Spotify app and get more information before I bring it up to Thing1. From a brief search (Duck Duck Go) there seems to be ways to import the iTunes playlists into Spotify. I just need to figure out the storage aspect on his cellphone. He only has 32GB, I think. Not sure if that's enough. I believe the iPod he last got is 132GB, so I need to look at see if he can add storage to the phone he has.

**Additional information - as many of you know - Thing1 has a developmental disability. He's very tech-savvy, although not in a way that's totally independent. Still, because no phone is 100% or lasts forever, there are sometimes a lot of hurdles with technology with him. So say the least. :lol: Long story, but after my last go-round of trying to get his new Straight Talk phone straightened out -(MANY HOURS - 2 different times in December) I decided to go with a Verizon "budget" pay as you go plan. (again - long story - he cannot communicate with the idiots ST customer service - and I simply don't want to do it anymore) He is working on more autonomy and independence (in his life as an individual with DD) and there IS a Verizon store here in Calvert as well as St. Mary's, so my reasoning is - he has personal support staff who take him here and there and he's savvy enough to communicate in person - he can utilize the hours he gets every week and if he has ANOTHER phone issue - he can have them take him to the Verizon Store and those paid employees can help him solve whatever problem he has. This helps in more than a few ways: #1-It reduces MY needing to help him because he can go to the store and do it himself, #2-He sees what a PITA it can be when you break or mess up your phone, #3-He gains more autonomy and independence.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I will need to look more into Spotify app and get more information before I bring it up to Thing1. From a brief search (Duck Duck Go) there seems to be ways to import the iTunes playlists into Spotify. I just need to figure out the storage aspect on his cellphone. He only has 32GB, I think. Not sure if that's enough. I believe the iPod he last got is 132GB, so I need to look at see if he can add storage to the phone he has.

Hmmmm .....

you can download Spotify Music, I wasn't thinking iPod, my apologies ...

I stream everything over Wi-Fi

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know there was an iTunes Play list import feature

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
@Bann - Did you get this sorted?

Not yet! I got a little busy and distracted over the weekend and then put it off to the side. I also have to talk to Thing1 so that I can make the case for him as to why it would be better. :yay:

inquiryjv

It's pretty rad that Thing1 is tech-savvy and working towards independence. Kudos to him! The Verizon switch-up makes total sense – having that local store as backup is a game-changer. Plus, it's a good lesson in phone-keeping responsibilities.So keep grooving, exploring those playlists, and remember, tech hiccups happen to all of us. You're doing great, and Thing1's journey towards autonomy is seriously inspiring! If you're looking to give a boost to your music journey, you might wanna check out how you can boost your popularity on Spotify by buying plays at https://streamingfamous.com/buy-spotify-plays/