Spring cleaning- need to have junk hauled away.

mudpuddle

Does anyone know of any company/service/anyone who would be willing to come and pick up junk, and haul it away? We are cleaning out our sheds, basements, garage, etc. We are wanting to get rid of things such as riding lawnmowers, chests, bureau- heavy and bulky items. We are looking for anyone who would be interested, locally. We live in Charlotte Hall.

Thanks to everyone who visits this thread!

mudpuddle

unfortunately, these items are not salvageable! Riding lawnmower is around 15 years old, chest of drawers can't be restored, it is over 40 years old, etc. The only thing we may have that might be worth something to someone, is a pair of kayaks.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I used 1-800-GOT-JUNK about a year and a half ago. They take a lot of stuff, but they are a little pricey I think....but I didn't shop around, I just wanted stuff gone. You may want to call them to see if they indeed will take everything you want to get rid of.

I saw a truck the other day that made me laugh. It was, 'College Hunks Hauling Junk'. That was the company!

mudpuddle

Thanks! We will look into both places you suggested! I like the idea of the College Hunks! It might make this chore a lot of fun!!! (well, at least for me! lol)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Thanks! We will look into both places you suggested! I like the idea of the College Hunks! It might make this chore a lot of fun!!!

Looks like "Old Fat Guys with a Truck" will be losing customers.

kalmd

unfortunately, these items are not salvageable! Riding lawnmower is around 15 years old, chest of drawers can't be restored, it is over 40 years old, etc. The only thing we may have that might be worth something to someone, is a pair of kayaks.
Hi. Are the kayaks usable? I'm on the lookout for a couple.

mudpuddle

yes, they are in great shape. They are not made of wood, but fiberglass (?) plastic of some sort. They are yellow and are in a desperate need of cleaning of some sort. They have been stored in a worn-down shed! We bought them years ago for when our girls were young. They are for the lighter weights. I weigh, well alot (lol) and I could not use them. They would not hold my weight. We have 2.

mudpuddle

I also have a basket-ball thingy and some bikes if anyone is interested. I would gladly give them away...hubby will probably want a little money for them!

Last edited:

kalmd

yes, they are in great shape. They are not made of wood, but fiberglass (?) plastic of some sort. They are yellow and are in a desperate need of cleaning of some sort. They have been stored in a worn-down shed! We bought them years ago for when our girls were young. They are for the lighter weights. I weigh, well alot (lol) and I could not use them. They would not hold my weight. We have 2.
I wouldn't mind stopping by to see them. I was going to private message you but I can't figure out how, lol.

1stGenSMIB

I had a friend call the 1 800 Got Junk people and they said they would not come all the way down here (she is on McIntosh Road) - maybe you'll have better luck in CH, after you sell the kayaks, of course. :)

mudpuddle

thanks for letting me know. I have not called them yet. I would be extremely happy to get money for our kayaks! I have never been a person to "sell" things. I like to donate, but hubby likes money :)