Spring cleaning- need to have junk hauled away.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Have you looked at The Nextdoor website? We have used it to give away, and sell stuff in Olney. Even though, we cleaned out before we moved from Calvert, we still had too much stuff. :lol:

mudpuddle

just went there. I didn't know you had to "sign" your life away to check it out! lol I started the process, but I'm not in the mood right now to complete it. It did say I would be the first in my neighborhood to use them!

littlelady

God bless the USA
just went there. I didn't know you had to "sign" your life away to check it out! lol I started the process, but I'm not in the mood right now to complete it. It did say I would be the first in my neighborhood to use them!

I thought next door was everywhere. Sorry for your exasperation. :lol: I don’t do FB, but isn’t there a local group through FB that does the same free/buy stuff? Also, you can use the classifieds on the forum. I did that, too. Happy spring cleaning. :)

mudpuddle

thanks for all of your suggestions, littlelady!!! Next Door said I would be the first in the neighborhood....., so, I decided not to pursue it. I guess it could be really neat to use if there were people from your neighborhood there....

mudpuddle

I used 1-800-GOT-JUNK about a year and a half ago. They take a lot of stuff, but they are a little pricey I think....but I didn't shop around, I just wanted stuff gone. You may want to call them to see if they indeed will take everything you want to get rid of.

I saw a truck the other day that made me laugh. It was, 'College Hunks Hauling Junk'. That was the company!
we decided to call "College Hunks Hauling Junk"! They did not service our area, but they recommended a few other companies. We are going with one based out of Mechanicsville! So thank you! You were a big help!

we decided to call "College Hunks Hauling Junk"! They did not service our area, but they recommended a few other companies. We are going with one based out of Mechanicsville! So thank you! You were a big help!
Who did you end up using? I'm looking for someone to haul junk away.

mudpuddle

We chose "S&L TrashOut Removal". 240-652-3381
They gave us a price of around $400. First they have to come to the house to check out the items to be hauled away and this has not happened yet. Then we have to set up an appointment with them. I do not know if this a good price or not. We are just anxious to get rid of the stuff. And our items are big and bulky!

We chose "S&L TrashOut Removal". 240-652-3381
They gave us a price of around $400. First they have to come to the house to check out the items to be hauled away and this has not happened yet. Then we have to set up an appointment with them. I do not know if this a good price or not. We are just anxious to get rid of the stuff. And our items are big and bulky!
It could be a bit pricey depending on how much you really have. I used 1800-get-junk in VA for my dad's house. $618, which was their highest price, but we filled a large high walled truck to the brim. Not sure of the cubic feet, but the truck bed was at least 12' long, 8' wide and 8-10' walls. If you look at their ad, you can get an idea of how big the truck is.

Chris0nllyn

FYI, for another $100 you could get a 30 yard dumpster with 4-ton weight limit (usually about $90 a ton after that).

Of course, you still have to fill it. :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hmm not hazardous .... I guess that leaves out old D44 Axles, Torqueflite Transmissions and a Onan Generator

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah ... that would be real work and I non longer have my 18 foot car trailer or a pick up