Spring is Here = Fly Season

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Hi Everyone!

Last year we had a pretty good thread going about fly control. I know a couple people here are using fly predators from Spalding Labs. I was down at Elam's (Loveville Leather) yesterday and I found out that he is also a distributor. It's pretty much the same as ordering online. The cost is the exact same and you can choose to pay all at once or automatic monthly credit card withdrawls when the orders ship.

So, why order from Elam? Well, because he's a wonderful local resource and he gets a tiny commission. Since you're using them anyway why not order from Elam? :buddies:

LilHorseChick

100% John Deere Cowgirl
:yahoo: SPRING!!!! I am so done with all this cold weather. I just dont like the flys and bees.... if it also could stay in just the 70's and 60's ide be happy. Not 80's and 90's... But, hey its nice riding weather:yahoo:

highnote

If you order from elam, do they still ship directly to your house?

I'm on the fence about fly predators. I used feed through fly control the last couple of years, I thought it helped some, but they still STOMP a lot (not good for hooves). I live in a heavily wooded area, will have to do some reading on their effectiveness in those types of areas.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
If you order from elam, do they still ship directly to your house?

I'm on the fence about fly predators. I used feed through fly control the last couple of years, I thought it helped some, but they still STOMP a lot (not good for hooves). I live in a heavily wooded area, will have to do some reading on their effectiveness in those types of areas.

Yup, they still ship directly to you. The only difference is that Elam get's a small cut. So, it's a great way to support a local business.

I'm also in a heavily wooded area. Manure and water control are important to keeping down the fly population but, the predators definitely do help!

Tazgirl

Hi Everyone!

Last year we had a pretty good thread going about fly control. I know a couple people here are using fly predators from Spalding Labs. I was down at Elam's (Loveville Leather) yesterday and I found out that he is also a distributor. It's pretty much the same as ordering online. The cost is the exact same and you can choose to pay all at once or automatic monthly credit card withdrawls when the orders ship.

So, why order from Elam? Well, because he's a wonderful local resource and he gets a tiny commission. Since you're using them anyway why not order from Elam? :buddies:

Man I wish I had know that Elam is a distributor. I entered in the program back in December for this fly season through Spalding and prepaid because it was a big savings. I just left Elam's getting my ivermectin paste.

fredsaid2

Man I wish I had know that Elam is a distributor. I entered in the program back in December for this fly season through Spalding and prepaid because it was a big savings. I just left Elam's getting my ivermectin paste.

Me too, I did the pre-order last year. I will look to Elam for my 11 order.

highnote

I was just reading the spalding website and read that fly predators do nothing ("have no impact") to eliminate horse flies and deer flies. Those seem to be the biggest nuisance flies in our area. The fly predators get rid of house flies, but I could care less if they are around, because they do not bite! I was about to place an order but after reading that I doubt I will. Are there any biting flies that are common in our area that fly predators DO get rid of?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I was just reading the spalding website and read that fly predators do nothing ("have no impact") to eliminate horse flies and deer flies. Those seem to be the biggest nuisance flies in our area. The fly predators get rid of house flies, but I could care less if they are around, because they do not bite! I was about to place an order but after reading that I doubt I will. Are there any biting flies that are common in our area that fly predators DO get rid of?

I don't think they work on adult flys at all. I used them last year and noticed a HUGE improvement.

Were there flys? Yes, but probably not nearly as many as there would have been with out the fly predators .
:coffee:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Hi Everyone!

LOVEVILLE LEATHER's CODE is 96705