Spring!

NextJen

Raisin cane
I can't remember the last time we had this nice of weather for so long during Spring. Seems like we usually go from a tug-of war of Winter to slightly Spring for a few weeks, then - BAM! It's hot and miserable. I'm loving this stretch of decent temperatures, and it's sure been good for the electric bill.

Now, if only the coming Summer can be a little drier than it was last year.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I can't remember the last time we had this nice of weather for so long during Spring. Seems like we usually go from a tug-of war of Winter to slightly Spring for a few weeks, then - BAM! It's hot and miserable. I'm loving this stretch of decent temperatures, and it's sure been good for the electric bill.

Now, if only the coming Summer can be a little drier than it was last year.
Loving the warmer temps but it's really bringing out the copperheads on my trail walks. The paved trail is crowded with people so I have been using the "less traveled" trails because I am a fast walker and don't want others slowing me down. Unfortunately that means doing most of my walk through the woods. :ohwell:

Cutting the grass this weekend, notice something on the sidewalk. It's a piece of rat snake. A few feet away is another piece. I guess he was in the grass near a brush pile and I didn't see him. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Glad you all are having good weather. Usually this time of year in SoMD it rains so profusely everyone is cursing the skies.

luvmygdaughters

Just remarked about this to hubby yesterday evening while we were sitting outside. No bugs, flies or mosquito's. The only complaint I have, its been rainy every freaking Friday!!! I know Saturday and Sunday's have been nice, but, after a long work week, all I want to do on a Friday, is come home, change into my comfy shorts and flip flops, sit outside, glass of wine and good music.

mudpuddle

are
Just remarked about this to hubby yesterday evening while we were sitting outside. No bugs, flies or mosquito's. The only complaint I have, its been rainy every freaking Friday!!! I know Saturday and Sunday's have been nice, but, after a long work week, all I want to do on a Friday, is come home, change into my comfy shorts and flip flops, sit outside, glass of wine and good music.
Are you sitting outside in a screened-in porch? lol We have plenty of bugs, ticks, and mosquito's in the house!

luvmygdaughters

are

Are you sitting outside in a screened-in porch? lol We have plenty of bugs, ticks, and mosquito's in the house!
Nope, no porch. Just out in the backyard. Havent seen or "felt" any mosquitos or flies. I put tick preventative on the Capt. so very rare we get ticks in the house. The only things buzzing around are bee's and hummingbirds.

mudpuddle

you are so lucky! I love hummingbirds, but don't see them often. Could be because we have plenty of out-door cats and now I have 2 big dogs!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well, I'm enjoying the heck out of this nice spring, but I still prefer fall. Cool dry air, warm ground, still waters...

...and no pollen.
:sshrug: Don't know about no pollen. Spring pollen doesn't bother me, but in the fall when the rag weed is in bloom... I'm done.