Spring!

NextJen

Raisin cane
Where do you have your lilac planted... sun or shade... dry or wet soil?

I know you asked luvmygdaughters, but I can tell you that we had one in the yard I grew up in that was in full sun and dry soil. Where I live now, there is one in mostly sun, and also in a drier area.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I know you asked luvmygdaughters, but I can tell you that we had one in the yard I grew up in that was in full sun and dry soil. Where I live now, there is one in mostly sun, and also in a drier area.
That may explain why ours is lackluster to say the least. We planted it where we could easily see it from the back porch and kitchen window. It's under tree canopy and the soil tends to stay wet after rain showers. Sounds like time to move it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That may explain why ours is lackluster to say the least. We planted it where we could easily see it from the back porch and kitchen window. It's under tree canopy and the soil tends to stay wet after rain showers. Sounds like time to move it.
Lilacs needs at least 6 hours of sun a day. Also check the pH of the ground as they hate acidic soil. They also don't like "wet feet" so the soil must drain well.

I have lilac growing wild all over the place, can't get rid of it. Vines now stretch to the top of the trees, about 40' up.

Watch your step! I've seen several water snakes so far this year. Lots of skinks too.

luvmygdaughters

Where do you have your lilac planted... sun or shade... dry or wet soil?
Sorry it took so long to respond, I absolutely hate when work interferes with social media time :nono:. We have ours in the backyard which gets the full morning and early afternoon sun. The soil isnt dry, but, not overly wet either. Honestly, we didn't plant the lilac, it was there when we bought the house.