Springfield Arms...

T

toppick08

45.....sweet gun. Fits my hand better than a Glock..Merry Christmas to me..:lol:.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Replace the ejector, today, with one from Wilson. They are stupid expensive but, unless Springfield has changed their quality, their mim broke on me under 500 rounds.

It's a hard use part that really gets slammed in a .45

T

toppick08

Replace the ejector, today, with one from Wilson. They are stupid expensive but, unless Springfield has changed their quality, their mim broke on me under 500 rounds.

We shall see......my cousin has one with over 2000 rounds and nary a problem,... yet...:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We shall see......my cousin has one with over 2000 rounds and nary a problem,... yet...:shrug:

That's what it's all about with mim. :lol:

Might well last forever. As long as it's not your defense weapon, I have no comment. If it is, I strongly recommend swapping it out.

T

toppick08

Might well last forever. As long as it's not your defense weapon, I have no comment. If it is, I strongly recommend swapping it out.

No...just a shooting toy for me..:yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I have had one about 4 years now, it's accurate and reliable. It is not however my go to self defense handgun. I like them though and think they are a decent deal for the cost.

ylexot

Super Genius

Hadn't heard of this, but looking into...I'm confused. There seems to be an older version that is thicker and possibly machined or Metal Injection Molding. The newer one seems to be stamped steel. I haven't found anything about the thicker one cracking/breaking, but did find one of the stamped ones cracked. And I haven't been able to find any parts for the XD from Wilson.

BTW, mine is the older, thick ejector.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Almost all handgun manufactures use mim for the small parts on the guns from the factory. Also I was not aware of Wilson combat making anything for the XD line.

Last edited:

Pushrod

Patriot

I've had mine for several years with several thousand rounds down the tube. Used it in several defensive handgun courses with narry a problem.
Is it a certain batch that have been failing or just luck of the draw?

E

EmptyTimCup

I have had one about 4 years now, it's accurate and reliable. It is not however my go to self defense handgun. I like them though and think they are a decent deal for the cost.

why not ?

why not ?

Speaking for myself I would not use a heavy hitting pistol for in house use, at night anyway.

For one it would go through walls and two I probably, without laser, not hit the intruder and a laser would give away position and surprise right away.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Speaking for myself I would not use a heavy hitting pistol for in house use, at night anyway.

For one it would go through walls and two I probably, without laser, not hit the intruder and a laser would give away position and surprise right away.
might be surprised at what a .45 won't go through. I've never tried it but would wonder if a. 45 HP would go through two pieces of drywall 4 inches apart.

Vince

might be surprised at what a .45 won't go through. I've never tried it but would wonder if a. 45 HP would go through two pieces of drywall 4 inches apart.
A .44 will go through a refrigerator, come out the other side and keep on going. :yay: