Sprint is now T-Mobile

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Anyone else get the email?

Dear Sprint Customers –

I hope you’ve seen the news – but in case you missed it…I’m very excited to tell you that Sprint is officially part of the T-Mobile family! And together, as a new, bigger and better company that will be called T-Mobile, we are bringing the best of both companies together for YOU. We are already building a world-leading 5G network and working even harder to deliver unmatched value – AND, we are doubling down on our relentless pursuit to meet the everchanging needs of our wireless customers across the country.

The biggest result of this merger is our ability to build one of the best networks in the country – if not the world. By combining Sprint and T-Mobile’s spectrum we will be able to have a network with no compromises – you’ll get speed and coverage, a signal that works inside and out, and more capacity with great performance. That’s all a powerful combination at a time connection matters more than ever. We now have double the towers and resources to help so we’ve already taken steps to deploy this network for you. We have expanded roaming access for you to ensure T-Mobile’s towers are available to keep you connected. We are moving very quickly, and in fact we have already deployed our enhanced network in Philadelphia with New York and even more cities coming soon.

The best part about it is these network improvements are yours for FREE, meaning they are already included in your current plan. And speaking of your plans, you may be asking yourself “what’s it going to do to my rate plan?”

The clear answer is – NOTHING.

Your current deal stays the same and you can continue to manage your account and your wireless needs on your My Sprint App, Sprint.com, and in Sprint stores when we are able to reopen. We’ve got you covered. And rest assured, as the new T-Mobile we are committed to continuing to fight for customers and bringing the best service and value in the industry. We have already committed to keeping your rate plan the same or better for the next three years. You can continue using your smartphone the way you need to, without worrying about what you’ll pay.

I truly believe the future for wireless customers is brighter than EVER and we are working hard to combine our resources, not just to build a bigger company, but a better one. I can’t wait for you to start experiencing the award-winning customer service current T-Mobile customers have already come to love.

The NEW T-Mobile is here, and I promise you….It’s going to be amazing!

Mike Sievert
Mike Sievert, CEO

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Ok. Didn't know that. Normally I ignore emails from Sprint so probably info about it was sent before that I deleted without reading

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
this makes NO Sense .. both use 2 different networks ...... so which is going away

CDMA or GSM

InigoMontoya

this makes NO Sense .. both use 2 different networks ...... so which is going away

CDMA or GSM
One company buying another has nothing to do with either of the networks going away. Companies absorb other companies all the time without changing a thing.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Anyone else get the email?
Nope. So thanks for posting.

If it was so obvious to you then why did you ask?
Actually, as a Sprint customer I had exactly the same thought as @GURPS. I didn't think the merger made sense; still don't as there's no way the new company will continue to support two standards. So there is obviously a plan afoot and one where there have kept at least this long-time user (i.e., me) in the dark. In fact, I have yet to receive any notification (hard copy or email) telling me that the merger is final.

Guess I have to look to switch to Verizon*; there's little doubt (having seen what AT&T did to DirecTV) that anything good will come out of this merger.

*Considering what AT&T did to DirecTV I'm certainly not going with it.

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Actually, as a Sprint customer I had exactly the same thought as @GURPS. I didn't think the merger made sense; still don't as there's no way the new company will continue to support two standards.

:yay: Thanks ....

YES The New company will NOT, IMHO, Continue supporting hardware for both platforms ...... GSM is the world wide standard so I see CMDA going away in the long term.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
GSM is the world wide standard so I see CMDA going away in the long term.
Yup, that's my sense. And since the new company is T-Mobile and not Sprint as my phones are CDMA, if this is what happens, that's another reason why I may move to Verizon (as at least an interim move until time to buy new phones).

--- End of line (MCP)