Squatted Trucks

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As of today, the North Carolina vehicle code prohibits a passenger vehicle from being lifted or lowered more than six inches. However, the ratified legislation (a full copy of which can be found here) does away with that specification and instead takes aim at squatting trucks by requiring that the front fenders sit no higher than four inches over the rear fenders.

It's worth noting that this only covers vehicles with modified "suspension, chassis, or frame," so rest assured that your 2000 Honda Insight and vintage Cadillac DeVille are safe.

Despite the text of the bill changing between the last time we reported on it and when it was passed, the law still does away with the text which prohibits owners from raising or lowering their vehicles in excess of the current six-inch law. I'm no lawyer, but with that text gone, it seems that owners can effectively raise and lower their car limitlessly, so long as no other violations are committed, like exceeding 13 feet in total height.

:twitch:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I heard about this trend. It didn't interest me enough to search out what it meant. As long as there have been cars (trucks), there have been people modifying them. I remember my dad's 1967 Skylark had air shocks for towing. When I was allowed to drive it, my first stop was the local gas station to air them up. Kids...

black dog

Free America
WTF.... Whats popular here now are wheels and tires that are outside of the wheelwells six plus inches.
Its great to ride behind them in inclement weather, its the same Aholes that use window tint on the running/brake light lenses...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WTF.... Whats popular here now are wheels and tires that are outside of the wheelwells six plus inches.

I've seen little econo boxes like that .. they look like 13 inch tiny BLING rims that stick WAaayuyyy out

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Its great to ride behind them in inclement weather, its the same Aholes that use window tint on the running/brake light lenses...

yeah....see those around here too. Funny thing is..MD revised the vehicle inspection law to prohibit tires from sticking out past the fender at all....previously, up to 1 inch was allowed.

Selective enforcement...just like the bumper height or tint darkness.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
yeah....see those around here too. Funny thing is..MD revised the vehicle inspection law to prohibit tires from sticking out past the fender at all....previously, up to 1 inch was allowed.

Selective enforcement...just like the bumper height or tint darkness.
You're hard pressed to see into vehicles now. Most are tinted to the point of stupid. Remember when the local police were so bored that they harassed us for crap like this? Don't get me started on the foolishness of raised 4x4 trucks with low profile tires and grossly offset rims.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For what reason, To ****up the trucks triangle of stability?

A few years in Africa bush and not once did i see a lifted Land Rover...
They do well...but I'll got places they cannot. 5" lift...1-ton running gear...selectable locker in front, Auburn LS in rear.

black dog

Free America
They do well...but I'll got places they cannot. 5" lift...1-ton running gear...selectable locker in front, Auburn LS in rear.
View attachment 159152

That beast? It probability has a/c p/b and p/s. Its to big for the fire roads, cant go under tree branches, drive down a gulley, between those yellow ballords or when in the city, use a parking garage...
And where are the six jerry cans at????
And I have a slider rear window...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That beast? It probability has a/c p/b and p/s. Its to big for the fire roads, cant go under tree branches, drive down a gulley, between those yellow ballords or when in the city a parking garage...
And I have a slider rear window...

Yet its almost legendary for the 25 years its been killing the extreme trails at Paragon, Tellico, Rasuch Creek, Big Dogs, Uhwarrie, WITC, RAID North GA. and on and on... and no...has no A/C. It does have a 165A ambulance alternator that keeps a pair of 1000 CCA batteries up, onboard air compressor sufficient to run air tools in addition to the air-operated locker, a 2000W inverter...CB, VHF and shortwave radios...

black dog

Free America
Yet its almost legendary for the 25 years its been killing the extreme trails at Paragon, Tellico, Rasuch Creek, Big Dogs, Uhwarrie, WITC, RAID North GA. and on and on... and no...has no A/C. It does have a 165A ambulance alternator that keeps a pair of 1000 CCA batteries up, onboard air compressor sufficient to run air tools in addition to the air-operated locker, a 2000W inverter...CB, VHF and shortwave radios...

Lots of extra stuff you Ferd guys gotta carry...

Thats a bigger alt than my boat... Holy crap does it kick on a high idle solenoid when it charges?..
Mines a 120 Balmar...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Pffft. I don't need no stinkin' truck to do that. I just walk over dem rocks.
Thatsa lotta Walken. We cover 10 miles or so on a typical hard wheeling day...20+ on more mild trails. During a RAID competition we'll cover more than a 100 miles in 40 hours...40 hours solid with no breaks.