Squirrel recipe?

Vince

Put squirrel in skillet, add garlic, chopped tomatoes, onion and peppers. Pour in some wine and simmer until tender. :yum: Oooops, forgot the crushed red pepper.

Chris0nllyn

Put squirrel in skillet, add garlic, chopped tomatoes, onion and peppers. Pour in some wine and simmer until tender. :yum: Oooops, forgot the crushed red pepper.

Do you soak the squirrel in brine overnight, or remove the musk glands to take out the gamey taste before cooking?

dontknowwhy

build fire. shove stick up sqirrel's azz until it comes out of mouth. place over fire between two sticks to create a spit. rotate frequently..

have bottle of whiskey on hand to kill that gamey taste

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:coffee:

where is Katelin when you need her.... She knew so much about squirrels :coffee:

RidgeChick

Do you soak the squirrel in brine overnight, or remove the musk glands to take out the gamey taste before cooking?

Soak in a brine. put in a deep frying pan, cover with onions and a bit of cooking sherry and plenty of garlic,some thyme and a bay leaf or two, simmer on low for a hour or two, adding water as needed. Add mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, (really whatever you like). Cook for another hour or so. Take veggies out. Strain meat, de-bone. Thicken reserved pan liquids. Put meat and veggies back in. Don't forget salt and pepper!

Vince

The recipe was my mothers. I haven't cooked or hunted squirrel since I was a youngster. Now venison. I soak that in milk to remove the gamey taste. After I've cleaned it and blocked it out, I'll soak it in icewater and salt to pull out the blood.

RidgeChick

Soak in a brine. put in a deep frying pan, cover with onions and a bit of cooking sherry and plenty of garlic,some thyme and a bay leaf or two, simmer on low for a hour or two, adding water as needed. Add mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, (really whatever you like). Cook for another hour or so. Take veggies out. Strain meat, de-bone. Thicken reserved pan liquids. Put meat and veggies back in. Don't forget salt and pepper!

Vince

I like this! :yum:

Chris0nllyn

I like to do them in the crock pot with tomatoes and onions and seasonings..

The last time I had squirrel was years ago, but I hear low and slow is the way to cook squirrel. Especially in a stew.

build fire. shove stick up sqirrel's azz until it comes out of mouth. place over fire between two sticks to create a spit. rotate frequently..

have bottle of whiskey on hand to kill that gamey taste

:doomsdayprepper:

:lol:

I like this! :yum:

That does sound good.

Now that I got my .22 back to working order, it's time to do some hunting!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I try not to eat it much... :-( but if we shoot we eat....so I have had a few..yeah slow and long...and tomatoes acid makes it tender....dont like thinking about it when I milk feed mine lol...we dont hunt in St Marys only in Pa so I am not sure they are mine lol

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Anyone have a good one?
Cut squirrel into quarters for frying. Place in pressure cooker with 1 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes after regulator jiggles (15 pounds pressure). Reduce pressure under running water. Using tongs, coat meat with seasoned flour and fry in small amount of shortening. Remove meat from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of beef bouillon to drippings, thicken with flour and add water from pressure cookerto make brown gravy. Serve over flat egg noodles. THERE WILL BE A LOT OF TINY BONES.

Chris0nllyn

Cut squirrel into quarters for frying. Place in pressure cooker with 1 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes after regulator jiggles (15 pounds pressure). Reduce pressure under running water. Using tongs, coat meat with seasoned flour and fry in small amount of shortening. Remove meat from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of beef bouillon to drippings, thicken with flour and add water from pressure cookerto make brown gravy. Serve over flat egg noodles. THERE WILL BE A LOT OF TINY BONES.

This makes me wish I had a pressure cooker. :lol:

This thread makes me happy there are grocery stores. I like my meat wrapped and overpriced.

I wrap my meat too.......