St. Charles Towne Center Mall Food Court infested with roaches and rats

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
you would have to fumigate the ENTIRE Mall to attempt to get rid of the Roaches

Escalade14

Go Rams!
Just think, if they infested the entire food court, they can also infest the stores too! When you have too much of a pest problem, they all have to go somewhere - and there may be mall shoppers who are unaware of what's going on. If they get lunch at the food court, and bring home leftovers, they could also bring some of those pests home with them

I happened to be in Waldorf earlier this week, so I walked thru just to see what was still there. The answer is: not much. So many empty storefronts, places like Sears was noticeably thin of products. But the food court was packed. :twitch: With so many decent food choices outside the mall, not sure why I'd make a special trip there just for a soggy Sbarros or something. There was nothing there to make me want to return. Surprised the entire mall hasn't shut down.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I happened to be in Waldorf earlier this week, so I walked thru just to see what was still there. The answer is: not much. So many empty storefronts, places like Sears was noticeably thin of products. But the food court was packed. :twitch: With so many decent food choices outside the mall, not sure why I'd make a special trip there just for a soggy Sbarros or something. There was nothing there to make me want to return. Surprised the entire mall hasn't shut down.
I was there in November for my ball gown. I walked into Macy's, got my gown and left. Never even stepped foot in the rest of the place. I also do not even remember eating there last.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Just think, if they infested the entire food court, they can also infest the stores too! When you have too much of a pest problem, they all have to go somewhere - and there may be mall shoppers who are unaware of what's going on. If they get lunch at the food court, and bring home leftovers, they could also bring some of those pests home with them
This made me think of when I lived in a garden style apartment in Forestville, four units on the first floor and four units on the second floor. When the roaches got bad I would spray my apartment and a day or two later the woman next door would complain how bad they were. Then she would spray her apartment and a day or two later the guy across the hall would complain and spray his apartment. Spraying would kill a few but mostly chased them from one apartment to the next.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
The malls in PG all imploded, now the PG crowd moved to Waldorf. Why is anyone surprised?
It's bad enough to be infested with the two-legged rats and roaches (talking about the mall thugs who migrated here from DC/PG), but now it's getting worse with the four-legged types too

Escalade14

Go Rams!
This made me think of when I lived in a garden style apartment in Forestville, four units on the first floor and four units on the second floor. When the roaches got bad I would spray my apartment and a day or two later the woman next door would complain how bad they were. Then she would spray her apartment and a day or two later the guy across the hall would complain and spray his apartment. Spraying would kill a few but mostly chased them from one apartment to the next.
I feel like that is what could happen if they fumigate the food court - they will get chased away from where there is food, and instead hide elsewhere, such as the stores or within the escalators. Taking that into consideration, we would step on/off the escalators and unknowingly track a roach or two inside our pants legs

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I feel like that is what could happen if they fumigate the food court - they will get chased away from where there is food, and instead hide elsewhere, such as the stores or within the escalators. Taking that into consideration, we would step on/off the escalators and unknowingly track a roach or two inside our pants legs
I hear ya!

When I was a kid, back in the 60's, grocery stores only had paper bags and my Mom kept them for trash bags. I was sitting in the kitchen real quiet one night, my Mom had just thrown out one bag and got a fresh one out of when I heard scratching. A roach egg had hatched and the damned thing was scratching around in the bag. When you spray the damned things they start dropping eggs.:barf:

Escalade14

Go Rams!
I hear ya!

When I was a kid, back in the 60's, grocery stores only had paper bags and my Mom kept them for trash bags. I was sitting in the kitchen real quiet one night, my Mom had just thrown out one bag and got a fresh one out of when I heard scratching. A roach egg had hatched and the damned thing was scratching around in the bag. When you spray the damned things they start dropping eggs.:barf:
Seems like when 1 roach is killed, 10,000 are born to take its place

BernieP

Resident PIA
I posted a story in another thread about 50 companies that are in trouble and likely will be closing their doors.
It's a who's who of the american mall scene.

combination of competition from online retailers and poor management.

mitzi

I hear ya!

They have to be the most disgusting creature on the planet. Spraying does nothing but kill the one you see running around.

PeoplesElbow

It is damn near impossible for any restaurant to be roach free. They can only keep on top of the problem and keep the population down. I bet you would be hard pressed to find a restaurant or grocery store in southern Maryland that is completely roach free.

The rodents are another matter, they can be easily taken care of. Rats and mice are far dirtier than roaches.

I know people associate roaches with filth, but they have been tested to be no dirtier than the environment that they are in to begin with. Roaches are hated so much because they are so damned hard to get rid of.

mitzi

It is damn near impossible for any restaurant to be roach free. They can only keep on top of the problem and keep the population down. I bet you would be hard pressed to find a restaurant or grocery store in southern Maryland that is completely roach free.

The rodents are another matter, they can be easily taken care of. Rats and mice are far dirtier than roaches.

I know people associate roaches with filth, but they have been tested to be no dirtier than the environment that they are in to begin with. Roaches are hated so much because they are so damned hard to get rid of.

There's a gel made by Combat that works. They are carnivorous. They eat the gel, go back to the nest or hide, die and and are eaten by their peers. :barf:It breaks their cycle.