St Jeromes creek

spinner

Does anybody know where we could put kayaks in on St Jerome's Creek? We'd like to fish at that little inlet. A couple of weeks ago we put in at Buzzy's Marina, the people there could not have been nicer, what a great place. But it was a long paddle for two...ummmm...slightly older somewhat creaky people. And I'm fairly new at kayaking. No trailer, just a truck. It is a beautiful creek, we'd like to go again.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Does anybody know where we could put kayaks in on St Jerome's Creek? We'd like to fish at that little inlet. A couple of weeks ago we put in at Buzzy's Marina, the people there could not have been nicer, what a great place. But it was a long paddle for two...ummmm...slightly older somewhat creaky people. And I'm fairly new at kayaking. No trailer, just a truck. It is a beautiful creek, we'd like to go again.

You can try down Airedele Road. Drury's Marina is there is you can't find anywhere else. Can't think of any place on St Jeromes Neck Rd that isn't private.

And what little inlet are you talking about? There are only a few hundred of them.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You can also try the boat slip down Freeman Road, which is the bloack top road right before St. Michael's Church. It will put you further back into the cove than if you were to put in at Drury's Marina, but the area down by the Freeman Rd place is much calmer...you'll have a much more pleasurable, relaxing experience back there. The place at Drury's will put you closer to the mouth of the Bay, meaning that it is a little more turbulent and busier with other boat traffic.

Enjoy!

You can try down Airedele Road. Drury's Marina is there is you can't find anywhere else. Can't think of any place on St Jeromes Neck Rd that isn't private.

And what little inlet are you talking about? There are only a few hundred of them.

Probably the main one to the bay.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Freemans is closer to the mouth of the bay tham Drury's. Your basically straight across form the mouth of the bay. But you have to cross the main area the big boats go...If you go from Frremans go across to the left (you'll see a point)and then go across the creek to the bay it will keep you out of the main boat channel

spinner

Thank you, we rode down and found the boat ramp on Freeman Road. We actually put the kayaks in at Buzzys again, it wasn't as long a paddle this time I guess because we had done it before. There wasn't too many boats either, maybe because it was Memorial Day and people were preparing to go home. The wind picked up while were out and made paddling back interesting, I was glad to get into where the water was a little quieter.
There was an accident right outside of Carroll's in Dameron, it must have just happened. Lots of people had stopped but it didn't look good. I hope the gentleman is going to be Ok.