St. Mary’s Government Says Land Surveyor Was Using An Expired License

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just an FYI for anyone who has had surveying work done by Jerry Nokleby between now going back to January 5, 2019….

"It has come to the County’s attention that the license of Property Line Surveyor Jerry D. Nokleby has been expired since January 5, 2019. Mr. Nokleby did survey work as VARC, L.L.C. d/b/a Nokleby Surveying, Inc., neither of which is in good standing with the State of Maryland. St. Mary’s County Government is conducting a thorough review of all projects that may have been impacted."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don’t believe having an expired license impacts the quality of the work. If your barber‘s license expires doesn’t mean they don’t know how to cut hair.

yeah that was my thought, but the State or County demands you beg for permission to work

TPD

the poor dad
one thing we have learned during the last 16 months is that licenses are meaningless. I've had an expired driver's license since March. My DOT card expired last November. I've been notarizing documents since last July with an expired stamp. It's all been legal and no one has complained. So I think Nokleby could argue a case for an expired license. How is it any different than the shoplifters in California who are not being prosecuted.

DaSDGuy

one thing we have learned during the last 16 months is that licenses are meaningless. I've had an expired driver's license since March. My DOT card expired last November. I've been notarizing documents since last July with an expired stamp. It's all been legal and no one has complained. So I think Nokleby could argue a case for an expired license. How is it any different than the shoplifters in California who are not being prosecuted.
Agree. Not exactly a criminal act on his part when the offices to renew those licenses were closed.

I seem to remember we had an issue in the past where inspection stickers were handed out by home inspectors while they we sitting at the Tiki Bar. Now those were intentional criminal acts.

DaSDGuy

Why were office closed in January 2019?
They weren't. He may have problems for the time period from January 2019 till the COVID emergency shutdown. From the start of the emergency till the emergency being lifted may be excused. I'm not worried about any of it because I didn't hire the guy. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I don’t believe having an expired license impacts the quality of the work. If your barber‘s license expires doesn’t mean they don’t know how to cut hair.
It doesn't but then the question becomes one of if he would make a mistake his E&O insurance wouldn't cover it.

As far as "well, the offices were closed so these licenses couldn't be renewed", teachers were still required to renew their expired certificates for the last year (they expire on June 30, so 2020 and 2021).

Calvert Deputies were still arresting people for driving with an expired license and impounding their cars.

Nokleby also has a problem, and this was mentioned, because his lack of license goes back to 2019, long before the State of Emergency. The State usually puts a business in "not good standing" for tax reasons and won't renew until that's cleared up.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Calvert Deputies were still arresting people for driving with an expired license and impounding their cars.
Ah yes. The old haven't paid the vig to the legal mafia for an updated expiration date scheme. How about this, pass the driver's test get a driver's licence for life, save to adjust for address changes which might require a very small fee for a new issue card.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
If I may ...

Ah yes. The old haven't paid the vig to the legal mafia for an updated expiration date scheme. How about this, pass the driver's test get a driver's licence for life, save to adjust for address changes which might require a very small fee for a new issue card.
I might agree with that except for the physical changes from aging. Not just eyes but mental acuity. Anecdotal but there was a guy here who had not one, not two, but three cars totaled in an eight month period from Toyota's "unintended acceleration" issue. One was up in Edgewater when he went up over that brick median into the opposite lanes, once was backing out of his driveway into parked cars and the building on the other side of the street and once was rear ending another car at a stoplight .

His kids were finally able to get his license pulled.

PeoplesElbow

I might agree with that except for the physical changes from aging. Not just eyes but mental acuity. Anecdotal but there was a guy here who had not one, not two, but three cars totaled in an eight month period from Toyota's "unintended acceleration" issue. One was up in Edgewater when he went up over that brick median into the opposite lanes, once was backing out of his driveway into parked cars and the building on the other side of the street and once was rear ending another car at a stoplight .

You are always hearing of an old person running their car into a drug store. My grandfather hit the brick wall of one, luckily all he did was knock the perfume shelf off the wall.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

When that was a thing the newsbots were fretting about my first thought was, yeah right, old person mistook the gas for the brake. Technically an "unintended acceleration" but definitely user error and nothing Toyota did. I have no doubt that it happens with all makes and models, but Toyota became a focus for some reason.

Anyway, this forum never ceases to astonish me. I thought for sure Jerry would be raked for letting his license lapse an here's folks going "meh" and griping that he needs a license in the first place. :lol:

zar

Theist
Sounds like nonsense

those crabs you caught and ate without a license are invalid too

you need a license to do anything in this state

A lawyer had a theory that there there active discrimination against southern Maryland because they want development up north, where their constituents the food stamp recipients vote in droves. Obviously he’s on to something but people continue voting demoncrat

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sounds like nonsense

those crabs you caught and ate without a license are invalid too

you need a license to do anything in this state

A lawyer had a theory that there there active discrimination against southern Maryland because they want development up north, where their constituents the food stamp recipients vote in droves. Obviously he’s on to something but people continue voting demoncrat
I’m fairly certain that land surveyors are required to be licensed in all states...just sayin.