St. Mary’s Government Says Land Surveyor Was Using An Expired License

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Probably but if the work is proper why wouldn't it be valid when he renews his license? I doubt it was on purpose
I'm sure there is/was absolutely nothing wrong with any of Jerry's work. That's not the point, unfortunately...and not how the bureaucracy works. In fact, it's not about the accuracy or quality of the work performed...not at all. Some pretty incompetent people manage to obtain PE and/or surveryor's licenses...it says nothing about how well they do it.

DaSDGuy

I'm sure there is/was absolutely nothing wrong with any of Jerry's work. That's not the point, unfortunately...and not how the bureaucracy works. In fact, it's not about the accuracy or quality of the work performed...not at all. Some pretty incompetent people manage to obtain PE and/or surveryor's licenses...it says nothing about how well they do it.
Considering maintaining his licensing is part of his job, all of his paperwork is now suspect. Not saying he did the surveys wrong, but paperwork needs to be filed accurately and now he has a negative history with that. Again, not my circus, not my monkeys. But it is good info for the future.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Considering maintaining his licensing is part of his job, all of his paperwork is now suspect. Not saying he did the surveys wrong, but paperwork needs to be filed accurately and now he has a negative history with that. Again, not my circus, not my monkeys. But it is good info for the future.
I just spent (wasted) over 2 hours this morning, re-registering our gummint-required CAGE code. It gets harder and more involved every year...and says nothing about our companies ability to perform/deliver.

DaSDGuy

I just spent (wasted) over 2 hours this morning, re-registering our gummint-required CAGE code. It gets harder and more involved every year...and says nothing about our companies ability to perform/deliver.
They know you can deliver accurate paperwork. And that's what makes their world go 'round.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Probably but if the work is proper why wouldn't it be valid when he renews his license? I doubt it was on purpose

You missed a big part of this. His work may well be fine but, as someone mentioned, a paperwork miss is still a miss and creates questions.

When I was teaching I had to renew my certificate every five years. Now, the school system kept track but it was still my responsibility to submit the documentation, proof of continuing education of the right kind. I saw people lose their jobs when they didn't submit the documents (we also learned in Principal School how to make that happen if we wanted to get rid of someone).

His other problem is this-if he's in "bad standing" status with the State then he can't renew the license until that's cleared up.

Maintain Good Standing Status - Maryland Business Express (MBE)

zar

Theist
Any word on him getting his license back though?

I just happen to be in the market for some discounted surveying

Kinnakeet

If I may ...

Ah yes. The old haven't paid the vig to the legal mafia for an updated expiration date scheme. How about this, pass the driver's test get a driver's licence for life, save to adjust for address changes which might require a very small fee for a new issue card.
MD is ran by communist democrats why do you need a license to do anything is this not a free country

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
His other problem is this-if he's in "bad standing" status with the State then he can't renew the license until that's cleared up.
That is just filing a form and sending in $300.00 per year.
if you do not do this you are considered “in bad standing “. It has nothing to do with the operational standards of your business
Just another tax…..

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
That is just filing a form and sending in $300.00 per year.
if you do not do this you are considered “in bad standing “. It has nothing to do with the operational standards of your business
Just another tax…..
Then I guess he needs to do that wouldn't you say?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
To me, it's not so much a matter of whether the person is qualified or not simply because his license expired, it's more of the legal ramifications down the road. You try to sell your house and everything stops dead because some bean counter says that the survey was performed by a non-licensed person, and all your legal documents are invalid. I sure don't want to deal with that.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
To me, it's not so much a matter of whether the person is qualified or not simply because his license expired, it's more of the legal ramifications down the road. You try to sell your house and everything stops dead because some bean counter says that the survey was performed by a non-licensed person, and all your legal documents are invalid. I sure don't want to deal with that.
That's what all these so called "sovereign citizens" never think of. But they'll be the first ones screaming "There oughta be a law" when something of theirs turns to crap.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That. My younger sis is a real estate attorney and spends a tremendous amount of her time looking for potential land mines in every sale package.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Off course, but it doesn't stop you from operating as a business, as Maryland will still collect taxes from you and you can still provide services and have employees. It's all about that $300.00
You know, you can substitute Maryland with most states and you can say the same thing. Try getting a liquor license for a bar/restaurant in PA if you think $300 is outrageous.

zar

Theist
Has anyone bothered to calculate the real tax rate in Maryland after

fed
State
Local
Tags
Emissions
ID
Property
Sales tax
Etc etc I’d bet it’s 50% in many cases