St Mary's Baseball - Majors

SoftballCrazy

Getting ready to sign up the kid for baseball...first year in Majors...anyone have opinions/advice as to which league is better? St Mary's Little League, or the Babe Ruth League? TIA...

yankee44

Getting ready to sign up the kid for baseball...first year in Majors...anyone have opinions/advice as to which league is better? St Mary's Little League, or the Babe Ruth League? TIA...

Depending on where you live. The St Marys National Little League Major All Stars came in 2nd last year in the district 7 tournement. Lost to only 1 team.

SoftballCrazy

Depending on where you live. The St Marys National Little League Major All Stars came in 2nd last year in the district 7 tournement. Lost to only 1 team.
I heard that the Natl (or Amer?) Little league wasn't as competitive as the Babe Ruth...and that the bases/mound distance on the Babe Ruth league prepare them better for the 13 yr old league w/ 90 ft bases...
I live in the Ltown area. I heard about the team that came in 2nd in Little League, I'm pretty sure I know the coach.
Thanks for the info.

yankee44

I heard that the Natl (or Amer?) Little league wasn't as competitive as the Babe Ruth...and that the bases/mound distance on the Babe Ruth league prepare them better for the 13 yr old league w/ 90 ft bases...
I live in the Ltown area. I heard about the team that came in 2nd in Little League, I'm pretty sure I know the coach.
Thanks for the info.

PM me because I was the coach

donbarzini

I am a League official with one of the Waldorf Little Leagues. I don't want to get into a pissing contest; so all I will say is: Do you watch the Little League World Series on ESPN/ABC? You want your kid to have a shot at it? I worked the tournament that the St Mary's team played in. After I had seen all the teams once, I picked St Mary's to make it to the State. They had some bad luck and it kind of snowballed(which is easy to have happen at that age) I really think that they will be the class of District 7 this season

yankee44

I am a League official with one of the Waldorf Little Leagues. I don't want to get into a pissing contest; so all I will say is: Do you watch the Little League World Series on ESPN/ABC? You want your kid to have a shot at it? I worked the tournament that the St Mary's team played in. After I had seen all the teams once, I picked St Mary's to make it to the State. They had some bad luck and it kind of snowballed(which is easy to have happen at that age) I really think that they will be the class of District 7 this season

Thanks, I will be trying it with what I think will be a real solid Jr. team this year.

That major team from last year will be returning 5 players so they should be pretty good as well.:yay:

donbarzini

Thanks, I will be trying it with what I think will be a real solid Jr. team this year.

That major team from last year will be returning 5 players so they should be pretty good as well.:yay:

I'm sure I'll be flipping the coin for you @Stethem again next season.

smilin

BOXER NATION
This is our eighth year in Little League and they are a class act. Both my sons have played. The older one loves going to the camp in Williamsport. This is his tenth season playing ball!
Rich Haggerty, the head guy, is amazing in how he puts it together year after year.
The only real problem is the same you see in all youth sports, as the child gets older fewer and fewer parents and supporters show up.