ST MARY'S COUNTY CAMERA CLUB COMPETITION May 5th

S

smccc

Love photography? Love seeing quality, competition-quality photos? Come to the St. Mary's County Camera Club's third competition of the 03-04 season!

The meeting starts at 7:00PM on Wed May 5th, at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum. Entries must be submitted by 7:15. If you would like to compete and are not yet a member, you may join just before submitting, but note the deadline. Membership this late in the season is only $5 indiv / $10 family.

There are strictly observed rules for competition, which you can read at http://www.smccc.org/Rules03-04.html. Think you're not good enough to compete? We have Class A (advanced) and Class B (novice) categories! Or if you'd rather just watch the show, please feel free to observe, visitors are always welcome.

Directions: The museum is immediately North of NAS gate 1. If you're coming South on rte 235, turn right on Pegg Road and get yourself turned around (possibly in the gas station), come back out and turn left back out onto 235, staying in the right lane, and make the first right into the museum entrance. There's construction going on, be careful.

More information can be found on our website, http://www.smccc.org, or call (301)872-5595 (I won't be home that day 'till after the meeting, so call on the 4th or earlier).

Hope to see you there!
SMCCC Publicity Director

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smccc

Oops, sorry. Must have done that because I go to work through gate 3. Will edit message.

Nupe2

Is there a contest theme, any restrictions on when the photos were taken (i.e., last 60 days, etc.)? Thanks.

S

smccc

No, no theme this time, nor photo age limit (though we may impose a limit in next season's contests). I suggest you read the rules carefully, at www.smccc.org , the "Rules" link. If you're not already a member, I suggest getting there early to get signed up and still be able to submit your entries by 7:15. It'll be a zoo, getting everything taken care of!

If you're new, please announce yourself to me!

Jim Macaulay